Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
An Iron I Can Recommend >

An Iron I Can Recommend

An Iron I Can Recommend

Old 01-04-2010, 07:39 AM

Was it the Rowenta that was a fire hazard? I certainly don't want that worry. That WAS wonderful in your conversation with Black and Decker. I have never had one of their irons, but have been happy with other B&D items. I certainly would support a company stands behind its product.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:42 AM

Welcome

Love your Christmas quilt
Old 01-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Power Poster

keep us updated on this please :D:D:D
Old 01-04-2010, 11:22 AM

I bought the Shark professional about 9months ago. I LOVE IT! I am pretty rough on irons but this one seems to be able to take all I can dish out. I love the auto shut down because I have been known to forget to turn them off-but I hate the auto shut down when it goes off while I am still working. LOL I have dropped it a few times and the dog knocked the whole ironing board and iron over one day chasing her ball.......still works great.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Power Poster

I have had a Rowenta iron for several years - Nancy's Notions had a sale on them - I think it was about 40.00 or 50.00 and it is still working - I use to use tap water but, switched to bottled drinking water. Now I don't use steam, just a spray bottle. It is a very good iron, now I have to unplug it or it will keep heating up a tad when dial is turned off. I have many,many hours on it. It has lasted longer than other irons I've had.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
I have a thing about knocking them off, Could you knock it off a few times, and then let me know how it does? LOL
Now thats funny. I just did that last night. My Rowenta held up find but there is a new dent in my hardwood floor
:roll:
Old 01-04-2010, 06:03 PM

I got a Rowenta for Christmas.. I haven't gotten to use it yet but ds has.. worked great.. we will see on the life (the price was 39.00 on sale at Jo Annes) that was 1/2 price.
--Black & Decker is one of the greatest companies ever!!! on all their products!! but.....the last iron I got was a B&D & it didn't last the 20 yrs like most of their stuff.. the cord gets a short in it & it shuts off (continuously!).. I'm hoping to keep it as a backup & maybe ds will 'play' with it & make it work again. Now that I can do without it, he can work on it while I use the new Rowenta... he loves to 'tear things apart' lol
good luck with your new toy!
Old 01-05-2010, 05:33 AM

I've used a Rowenta for years - and knocked it off the ironing board a time or two. It still works great.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:01 AM

I have the Rowenta Professional Luxe. I have had it about 4 years. It leaks like crazy and has been for the last year. It does shut off but comes back to life very quickly. I am so disappointed with it leaking. The sites I have visited say that all Rowentas leak after a while. I use steam alot so the leaking is a big problem.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:10 AM

The Shark is a good iron, however, about a year after I got mine the "steam blast" push button "gave up the ghost," like the spring broke. The iron still functioned as a steam iron, but I had gotton "so spoiled" by the extra steam I was lost.

So-o-o-o-o-o-o, I "bit the bullet" and bought a Rowenta "steam generator" iron. It has a separate boiler that makes the steam and then sends it to the iron when the steam switch is pushed. I now have STEAM, but I've only had it a few weeks so time will tell how it holds up. It was PRICEY so I'm hoping it will last a VERY long time. :roll: