Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: iron rest

hi all went to joann's 2days ago &founf an iron rest on the notion wall it was blue silicone[i think]the shape of a sploeplatew/ bumps to hold theiron off the bottom.it was only $8.00 & was going to try it [w/my 50% off]but the instructions were a little unclear.says not to leave it un-tended,does that mean you can't leave it while you sew,or just standard warnings? does anyone have it,if so do you like it?i know it wasn't expensive,but if i addup all the"cheap"things i'e bought it would probably make me have a stroke !hope the description wasclear enough.........hope to hear from someone who has one thanx ,dar

Pam
    I think it would be ok while you are there sewing, but do not leave your iron there while heading out to the grocery store, LOL! Happy sewing, and pressing.

I agree. They put those warnings on there to protect themselves. If you are just sewing and coming back soon it wouldn't be a problem.

I have 2 and they do work. One is pink and the other black, I got them at WalMart, they were on clearance for 50 cents each. I figured if they didnt work I was only out a buck. I wouldnt leave the iron on it for an extended period of time, like the others said, but for what I do it works with no problems.