Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron

Blog Entries
    I'm finding that my iron isn't as hot as it used to be. It doesn't get wrinkles out of cotton very well. I guess I'm wearing it out. Is there a brand that works better with quilting, ie. getting hotter?

Thanks

I'm in the same boat.

Blog Entries
    I got a Rowenta for that reason. However it is pricey...Some get the WM inexpensive ones and when it dies get another.

Pressing blocks on Tuesday night, noticed my iron was not hot, apparently I have burned out the heating element! Fabric beats iron...is this similar to rock, paper, scissors?

Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Pressing blocks on Tuesday night, noticed my iron was not hot, apparently I have burned out the heating element! Fabric beats iron...is this similar to rock, paper, scissors?
    that's funny ;-)

My 15 year old Rowenta Clip-up iron started leaking. The removable resevoir had a small piece of plastic break off :< So, I just bought a Rowenta Professional iron at Big Lots. They had a 20% off sale, so I got the iron, for like $26. I love it!

I bought a Rowenta a few years ago and love it. I had read about the Rowenta spitting and leaking but so far, knock on wood, I have not had that problem. Instead of straight tap water I mix a 50/50 tap/distilled water. This seems to work for me.

I just replaced my Rowenta because it was not turning on all the time. Kinda frustrating. I got my new one at Costco and so far am loving it. It is a Shark one for only 23 bucks. I normally don't like cheaper irons since I do have to iron my husbands shirts as well as use it for sewing. But this one is nice so far.

The only thing I don't like about my Rowenta is the auto shut off. When I need to press a block I have to wait for it to heat back up. Call me impatient, but when I want to iron I want to iron...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    The only thing I don't like about my Rowenta is the auto shut off. When I need to press a block I have to wait for it to heat back up. Call me impatient, but when I want to iron I want to iron...
    I'm with you. I keep an eye on mine, when I know I'm going to need it I turn it back on before I'm actually ready.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast