Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ironing Boards

Perhaps this has been under discussion before but I recently moved and need a new ironing board. What do you quilters out there recommend, or don't recommend?

I have the thermal quilted pad that I keep on the counter to iron blocks or seams rather than an ironing board.

Blog Entries
    Got mine at Bed Bath & Beyone-15" wide and has a shelf underneath and an iron stand. Also, adjusts a few inches higher than my old one from Walmart, which I love. The wider, the better for ironing fabric. There was a good discussion a few weeks ago about ironing boards-look under "search" at the top and type in Ironing boards

Okay I will thanks for sharing.

I make my own: Use a Sheet of 1/4 inch ply wood or any sheet of wood about 15 to 18 wide by 4 ft long cover with 4 layers of batting or a old cotton or wool blanket that will wrap around the edges. Put one sheet of alumunum foil (this helps reflect heat) then your choice of cotton fabric. Staple around edges as you pull it tight under the bottom side. You can take a strip of 2inch elastic and staple 2 straps under it so that it will fit on you Ironing board. I hope this makes Sense! Lori K. 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
    Got mine at Bed Bath & Beyone-15" wide and has a shelf underneath and an iron stand. Also, adjusts a few inches higher than my old one from Walmart, which I love. The wider, the better for ironing fabric. There was a good discussion a few weeks ago about ironing boards-look under "search" at the top and type in Ironing boards
    I've been wanting a wider ironing board. Don't have room for a home-made one though. Now where's the url for BB&B??

:lol:

I make my own table top ironing pads fit to size..I also have a table top iron bd I purchased at Walmart that's 24x10 and haa a collapsable stand attahced.

I have a Poulder (spelling) that I've had for years. Extra wide extra long, shelf underneath, and an iron rest. This might be the one at Bed Bath and Beyond. I've made my own covers the last two times they've had to be replaced. I took off the old one and used that for a pattern.