Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
ISO Juki 2000qi and frame for sale or information >

ISO Juki 2000qi and frame for sale or information

ISO Juki 2000qi and frame for sale or information

Old 07-18-2011, 08:04 AM

I am looking to buy a set up for quilting. While doing my research, I feel as if I am drinking from a fire hose. Where do I startZ? How do I know that I am getting the right machine and frame and dealing with a good reputable company?
Right now, I am looking at the Start Right frame (queen-size) and the Juki 2000qi combo at the Grace Company website.
Any opinions on this set-up. I only have 8 ft to spare for a frame and want a good workhorse machine that doesn't take a degree in engineering to run. I want to spend as little as I can and 1500 is my comfort zone on price point.
What else do I need to go with this set up?
Your wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Kay
Old 07-18-2011, 08:18 AM

i have a phaff 9" which is very similar to the juki and i love it easy to use and can also be used for peicing if you get a larger machine in future. i would get a frame that you have the option off putting a larger machine on in future thats what i did i have the B-LINE frame and it can fit up to an 18" so when i have more money i can upgrade.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:37 PM

I have a sewing machine already that I do my piecing on. I don't plan on replacing it.
Quilting is not my main love, but one of many loves. I doubt if I will ever afford or need a larger machine. And I definitely will never have room for a larger frame.
Queen sized quilts are as large as I make.
My friend has a set-up that I can go and use, but I really would love to have my own and not have to bug her.
I have 3 quilts in line to be quilted before Christmas.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by naturalstateknitter
Right now, I am looking at the Start Right frame (queen-size) ... I only have 8 ft to spare for a frame
8 ft is not going to be big enough for a queen. i have 9.5 ft with my hinterberg frame and just barely have room for a queen. you can't move the machine all the way to each end because the machine and carriage take up space. also, you need 3-6" on each side of the quilt for extra backing. you also need space for clamps to hold your quilt taut sideways. just some things to keep in mind.