Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
ISO Kaffe Fassett fat quarters >

ISO Kaffe Fassett fat quarters

ISO Kaffe Fassett fat quarters

Old 05-17-2012, 06:02 PM

I think your DJ quilt will be beautiful So colorful,I love Kaffee and have been collecting fat quarters at every chance I get. there are several sellers on eBay who sell fat quarters and combine shipping so cost is reasonable. I have bought from them without any problems and good selections. I started civil war type DJ years ago,have about 20 blocks done.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post

or you could check out the FQ Bundles on www.fabric.com as you can see what is in them. At least there, you would have free shipping if over $35 and check out www.retailmenot.com for coupon code.
I am not able to find any coupon there and also searched another coupon site Ezcouponsearch but not finding any coupon there though I have found some amazing discounts on these sites previously. Any body who can tell me where I can old things regarding sewing.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:31 AM

You might also try etsy.com, I've bought Kaffee Fasset fabrics there ... Think they were charm packs, but there was a lot to choose from. BTW, your quilt is gonna be Gorgeous !!!!!!

Jody
Old 07-26-2012, 07:36 AM

Not only KF, but other designers at Westminister's eg Brandon Mably or Philips Jacobs design with like-minded color schemes.You may want to add them too
Old 07-26-2012, 07:55 AM

I just typed Kaffe Fassett into an ebay search and a ton of stuff came up. From remnants to fat quarters to 10inch square packs. I think a bundle/pack is the way to go. Even if you don't use everything for this quilt, you may need it for another quilt! Just make sure the seller has great feedback.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:19 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions! I found out that I could buy quarter yards at Glorious Color online and used that as my primary source but I also got some fat quarters on eBay. I have finished the last block and after seeing it all laid out I've decided to re-do about 5 of the blocks with different fabric. Here's a picture of it on the floor with the top row of triangles - all the other triangles are done but I ran out of floor room. Now on to the sashing, and I'm thinking about trying quilt-as-you-go rather than sending it to a long-arm quilter. Just not sure how QAYG would go on such small blocks. I highly recommend trying a Dear Jane if you are up for a long-range project with some challenging blocks. I've been sewing for 30+ years but I learned a lot, and my skills with applique got waaayyyy better in the process of doing this quilt.
Attached Thumbnails dear-jane-all-blocks-finished-smaller.jpg  
Old 07-26-2012, 11:18 AM

Have never been interested in a DJ quilt until I saw yours. It is stunning - and I love Fasset. Almost - almost need to put on bucket list.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
Have never been interested in a DJ quilt until I saw yours. It is stunning - and I love Fasset. Almost - almost need to put on bucket list.
~ i am with you on everything here but i am not moved to add it to my bucket list.

~ i really like how this quilt is shaping up. i am glad you were able to find the fabrics you needed to complete your project.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:19 PM

This is looking like a spectacular quilt!
Old 07-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Power Poster

The fat quarter bundle here looks fantastic! http://www.quiltstudiofabrics.net/pr...=KaffeFatsWarm