Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
ISO Quilt worksheet or project log >

ISO Quilt worksheet or project log

ISO Quilt worksheet or project log

Old 06-10-2012, 11:58 AM

Default ISO Quilt worksheet or project log

I am thinking I need a kind of project/quilt worksheet to record all of the important info about the quilt I am working on. Things like block size, quilt size before borders and after borders, batting and backing size needed, how many inches of binding needed, new techniques used, etc.
Does anyone know of something like this on line? I know I could create my own, but thought it would be nice to have something to start with. I have tried googling, but not finding anything like I am thinking about.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:00 PM

I haven't seen anything, I just use index cards that you can buy pre-bound. Just make my notes about a project on it.

I will be keeping an eye on this thread though in case someone finds something.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Banned

I have seen them. Am going to a shop tomorrow and will try and remember to look for you
Old 06-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

I keep information about every quilt in an Excel spreadsheet, but I don't keep as much information there as you are suggesting. (Mainly date finished, disposition if it's a gift, dimensions, list of where it's been displayed so I don't bore the same people twice, things like that.) I often wind up with another spreadsheet for a specific quilt if I have a lot of calculations to do when making it. I also keep digital pictures of each quilt in its own folder on the computer. I'm not sure what I would do with the other information, since I don't often make the same quilt twice.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I keep information about every quilt in an Excel spreadsheet, but I don't keep as much information there as you are suggesting. (Mainly date finished, disposition if it's a gift, dimensions, list of where it's been displayed so I don't bore the same people twice, things like that.) I often wind up with another spreadsheet for a specific quilt if I have a lot of calculations to do when making it. I also keep digital pictures of each quilt in its own folder on the computer. I'm not sure what I would do with the other information, since I don't often make the same quilt twice.
Dunster, keeping all info on the computer is great. My difficulty is backing it up However, I wanted to mention that you can insert your photo into your spreadsheet as well
Old 06-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Power Poster

there are a number of different 'Quilters Journals' on the market- try doing a search for one of those- I have one that is called:
the Quilter's Workbook
from the Editors at Landauer Corporation- copyright 2007
Old 06-10-2012, 01:29 PM

I keep a notebook called "Grammy's Bucket List of Sewing Projects" (this one is for projects I want to complete and the other notebook is called "Grammy's Bucket List of Sewing Projects - Completed". I keep notes, rough draft, etc on the project and of course a picture of the completed project, who it was for.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Power Poster

It's a great idea but I think that's one of those things that is best made by the individual. You could start with an excel spreadsheet and list all the things that you feel are most important to know about a quilt. You could use a standard three-ring binder and add the clear pocket envelopes to keep the pattern, fabric swatches, etc. I started out using a 4x6 photo album and found the sleeves were too small and switched to the standard binder. Making a quilted cover for the binder would really set it apart.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:02 PM

I've never heard of doing something like this. Could someone please explain your reason's for doing it.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:57 AM

I could swear I saw something like this at Microsoft or Avery or someplace. Surely there's something out there. I used to have a form I'd made to record info on but looking back now, it wasn't as detailed as I'd like nowadays. I, too. will be watching this thread. Thanks for asking this question.