Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: It's not a good idea to...

Lay your scissors on your quilt top after it's loaded. You'll forget they are there and roll your quilt. Hmmm...I wonder how I know that. I saw this rather odd lump on the take up roller and then realized what I did. Thank goodness I didn't poke a hole in my quilt top.

I'll just add that to my list of what not to do.

Blog Entries
    I am so glad the lesson learned was not harsher (smile). We all do these things from time to time and you were fortunate to not have to redo. Thanks for the tip :-).

Blog Entries
    I have a magnetic mechanics dish on top of my machine and it sure makes it an easy place to set down my scissors, ripper and stiletto. It's also good for throwing loose threads in so they don't get all over the carpeting. I'm really glad your quilt top didn't get a tear in it.

Blog Entries
    Darn. So sorry.

I have two paid, I keep one on a clip on my shirt, the other gets hung off of a pole on the top of the machine, works well. Now Ill always check to ensure I didn't leave them on the top before rolling. thank goodness ho hole!

Blog Entries
    great reminder. i lay several things on my top. thanks

Blog Entries
    Great reminder. I've almost done this on a busy top. Just give me time and i'll really do it!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Now that you said that I will end up doing it! I lay the snips, seam ripper and such on top of mine from time to time. I do have a dish on the frame to hold all those things and a cleaned plastic coffee can sitting on the frame to put all the threads in. I still tend to throw the threads just on the floor and sweep them up after each quilt. lol

LOL -- I rolled up a ruler -- it was 6" long and has dowels for holding onto (see them at Accents in Design)......and I rolled it up from from front to back ---- wondered why it was so hard to roll up!!!!

I bet you don't even have to write that one down!!! You are going to remember in the future.