Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I've recieved a bag of quarter circles

I'm the scrappy person of our quilting group. So when ever we meet, I tend to collect bags of left over pieces of other's quilting.

Most recently I've received a bag of quarter circles. They sort of look like the inside part of drunkards path.

If I sewed them into nice circles, what's the easiest way to make them into a block? I was thinking applique, using steam a seam and just machine applique around...

Do you have any other suggestions?

That sounds like a scrappy quilt begging to be made. It would be a perfect way to practice sewing on a curve. I am picturing circles in different colors with pieces sewed on to make them square. Should look wonderful.
    Sue

I think the person had a plan, there are a huge pile of beige and then another pile of 4 different colors.

I figure I'll alternate a print and a beige then find another color to applique it all on..I have a big piece of a smokey pink that might work.

Either raw edge them on or use fussible inter facing to turn them and then sew it on with clear thread zig zag stitch. I tend to prefer that as it makes a strong quilt.

Wow! Thanks for posting this! I bought 4 bags of left overs from 'magic circles' at a quilt show for .75 each about 4 years ago.... been saving them for 'something' but it never occured to me make a modified drunkards path, OR, to applique them on a square..... DUH!!! thanks! Thanks to everyone on this board for keeping me inspired!!!!!

When I made my DIL's quilt I used freezer paper to turn the circle edges under & then hand basted them onto large squares. Then I machine blanket stitched around the circles. She wanted a fun & funky quilt & boy...is it ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbound
    When I made my DIL's quilt I used freezer paper to turn the circle edges under & then hand basted them onto large squares. Then I machine blanket stitched around the circles. She wanted a fun & funky quilt & boy...is it ever!
    [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s.../cards8702.jpg[/IMG]

Power Poster
    Someone posted an awesome Drunkard's Path quilt this week? that was on a black background. It looked like they had stitched bias tape over the curve to applique it to a background square to make a Drunkard's Path design. Really nice and a much easier way to put the block together.

Wow, Beachbound, that's a really cool quilt. Did you use a multiple sizes of circles?

Blog Entries
    I made a quilt for my son covered in circles. Check it out. He absolutely loves it.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-69919-1.htm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast