Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jacob's Ladder

Martina,

I like yours. Mine does not look like that at all. My pattern says it is Jacob's ladder. I will get my husband's camera tonight and take a picture of the one I completed.

This is good. I did not know there were tutorials Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hope2quilt
    Martina,

I like yours. Mine does not look like that at all. My pattern says it is Jacob's ladder. I will get my husband's camera tonight and take a picture of the one I completed.
    I love the way hers looks also. She substituted the pinwheel for the 4-patch in the corner and it makes a whole 'nuther look.

MOMtoboston terriors, I never heard of that kind of quilt. It sounds cool. My grandma use to make what she called a strip quit. She literally cut strips and sewed them together. She had no pattern. It looked really cool when she was done.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope2quilt
    MOMtoboston terriors, I never heard of that kind of quilt. It sounds cool. My grandma use to make what she called a strip quit. She literally cut strips and sewed them together. She had no pattern. It looked really cool when she was done.
    That's still a good way to go.

Here are my first two Jacob's Ladder blocks. One is better than the other. I did find the pattern that was posted which is slightly different than this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    That will be pretty. Those blue triangles are gonna pop and the brown will balance them out nicely.

Thanks Martina. These two are not perfect squares but maybe when I set the quilt together, they will square up a bit more. I do not have enought material to make the whole quilt with these colors exactly. I may have to go shopping and pick up some similar colors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2