Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Janome 6260qc

Hi!

I am new to this group.I have taken a beginners lesson in patchwork and quilting recently and i really love the craft.
    I want to buy a sewing machine and have heard good things about janome.I was wondering if anybody have any experience sewing on the janome 6260qc..please help me chose

welcome to the board, you'll be hooked like the rest of us in no time.
    i have three janome machines, one is the embroidery E350, the 6600 sewing machine and the gem platinum 760 sewing machine. love them all.
    donna

hi!

thanku..the 6600 seems to be a wonderful machine ..do u like u'rs?.how good is it to sew on? if it in my budget ...i wish to buy something that i dont need to upgrade for years

Welcome from NE CA. Glad you joined us. I can't help you with your question, but I'm sure that someone will be able to. We love pictures.

Welcome from South Louisiana. I have an older Janome (Memory Craft 4000) that I just love. It has really held up well. I've done garment sewing, heirloom sewing, and now quilting on it.

I have the 6260qc and the 6600mp. Since you said, you didn't want to have to upgrade for years, I would go with the 6600. It has the accufeed feature, and more. It was worth the price to me. I got an extension table with mine, and of course the attachment + accessories kit.
    I love my machine.
    If I had LOTS of money, I would have tried out a Bernina, a NICE one...to see if all they say about it, would be true for me, but, I spent as much as I could afford and quite happy anyway. :D
    BTW, i still love my 6260qc, just wanted more bells and whistles, and to not be without a machine, when it came time for annual tuneup.