Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Janome 6600 mystery

Quote Originally Posted by sewmom View Post
    This is pretty obvious, but..... I got my 6600 to leave at the vacation home on the lake. I got it in September and that year we didnt go there in the winter. I must've changed the needle plate to the straight stitch one and forgot that it came with 2 plates. I was trying to do a zigzag or decorative stitch and it would stitch a couple and then stop and stitch in place. I called the shop and she even asked me about the plate. I ended up driving 30 miles to take it in and sure enough she sat down, looked at it and said you have the wrong plate on here! I was so embarrassed! I felt stupid. Then I had to find the plate- it doesn't fit into the accesory box- ended up being in between folds of fabric. Changed the plate and low and behold- it was fine. I hope that your problem is an inexpensive fix. It's really a great machine and I truly love it.
    If you were trying to zigzag with the straight stitch plate ... were you not breaking needles?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The one other thing to check is your bobbin. If the thread isn't coming off the bobbin correctly it'll make a huge mess and not sew correctly. If it's not thru the little slot area it's not under tension.

This thread certainly explains why my Janome 6600 doesn't match the instruction book that came with it. I only have one plate (the book doesn't even mention two, AND it the pictures don't look like my machine! yes I bought it new). The nearest repair shop is a long ways away and the repair man has shown DH and me how to care for/clean. But when it was new I found myself calling him every month or two. He would always say 1) try a new needle; check the size; 2) check the bobbin area; 3) rethread (DON'T just check it, rethread!); 4) calm down... go get a glass of wine; 5) if none of this works, call me in the morning... Love that man! There is obviously more than one Janome 6600!

Had that problem with my 7700 and had to take it to the repair person cant remember what was wrong but had to replace something

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    If you were trying to zigzag with the straight stitch plate ... were you not breaking needles?
    I think that I was trying to do a decorative stitch- i don't remember exactly- it's been a few years. All I know is that once I put the other plate on, It was fine. I rarely change the plate anymore.
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

I had a similar problem when I got my Janome. It turns out that the bobbin wasn 't clicked in place correctly. See if that could be your problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2