Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome 6600 question - 1/4" seam >

Janome 6600 question - 1/4" seam

Janome 6600 question - 1/4" seam

Old 08-11-2010, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Janey
Pat I too am a new owner of a Janome 6600 and had to take my machine back to the shop to get the dual feed off, you pull down and back and up on it and it will release, on page 13 of your manual is the instructions. Then to change the foot just unscrew the the thumb screw and release the dual feed foot. We have a very good 1/4 inch foot, there is a guide which helps youto have exact 1/4 inch. Good luck Janey
Thank you Janey - and everyone else that is so kindly trying to help me.

I did finally find out last night how to change the feet. I was so confused because it was saying to press on the red button. Well, I had every light in the room on AND was using the flashlight and couldn't find a red button. Finally my Larry came to the rescue and discovered that there was a different (whatever it's called that the presser foot attaches to) on the machince and it had a black button. He put the other (leg) on and IT had a red button and I could attach the different feet.

I still have a bit of resentment over the fact that the shop would sell me the machine in July and tell me that I will have classes in September. If it weren't for the fact that I don't like to deal with people and have hard feelings I'd have to give her a piece of my mind. The ONLY thing she showed me was how to thread the machine and how to fill the bobbin (which I had trouble doing anyhow). She spent less than 5 minutes with me. This shop is almost 45 minutes from our home and to go to a different Janome place is much farther. I will be in FL for 6 months and I think I will try to do any maintenance from there.

Sorry, I had to vent when all I planned on doing was saying thanks - LOL.

Pat
Old 08-11-2010, 07:47 AM

Also, Pat, make sure that your presser foot is up to the highest point before trying to put the accufeed lever in place. There are 2 up positions for the presser foot and it took me a day or two to realize what I was doing wrong when trying to engage my accufeed.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:21 AM

V
Originally Posted by Spudgm
Also, Pat, make sure that your presser foot is up to the highest point before trying to put the accufeed lever in place. There are 2 up positions for the presser foot and it took me a day or two to realize what I was doing wrong when trying to engage my accufeed.
Thanks Spudgum - I will keep that in mind!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:42 AM

Also remember if you are going to use the Acufeed 1/4 foot the needle position has to be at 5.5 to get the 1/4" seam allowance.

I only use the Acufeed 1/4 foot when putting blocks together because of the thickness of running over all those seams. Otherwise I just use the 1/4" and the single stitch plate or if you have the 7700 the auto plate converter to a single stitch.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:59 PM

Pat I have had my 6600 for 2 years now & I know you will love yours as much as I do mine. Even tho I took classes, I have gone to my manual several times and it is quite helpful. I have both 1/4 inch feet and also use both. Little odd ball advice, when you go to quilt - turn your machine side ways with the head facing you and the throat to the back. This is a wonderful way to quilt pulling your quilt from side to side, instead of across your shoulder - makes a lot of difference. Enjoy that new machine! Callie
Old 08-12-2010, 05:17 PM

There's also a Yahoo group specifically for users of this machine. I found it very helpful, just reading the daily digest version. I love mine.