Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome 7700 dual feed help >

Janome 7700 dual feed help

Janome 7700 dual feed help

Old 11-02-2015, 07:04 AM

Thank you ladies. I know now that I am just doing something wrong as most of you wonderful ladies have advised me that you use your dual feed foot on your Janome with zigzag and decorative stitches. I am going to adjust my dial on the front and see if that helps. My dual feed foot is attached as I brought it down and it clicked into place. It will work if I want a straight stitch. I just cannot figure out how to make it move to the right side for the wide stitching and zigzag. I have broken needles attempting to do this before.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:22 AM

Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, but after you turn the dial to stitch#9, are you pushing the button in the middle of the dial? Because I've failed to do that more than once.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:15 PM

Do you have the correct needle plate on? It won't zigzag is the single hole plate is on.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:43 PM

I would have expected it to sew stitch #9 with the dual feed. I'm sure I have in the past. I have used the blanket stitches with mine so that wouldn't really be any different. I hope you get it sorted. If I'm unsure if I'm going to break a needle I always turn the wheel by hand to make sure I'm not going to hit anything. The dual feed should be fine though as it's built for the 7mm stitches
Old 11-03-2015, 02:48 PM

Ladies, you all are so wonderful. I haven't ever met a more loving and helpful group. I just wanted to let you know that I finally found out what I was doing wrong when I could not get my Janome to zigzag when using my walking foot. Turns out a couple of years ago, I ordered a walking foot to fit my Janome with a 1/4 inch guide on it. When I received it,it measured 1/3 inch instead. So I never did used it. That was the foot I had on the machine. It would not zigzag with it either. I put the walking foot on that came with the machine. It worked perfectly after I had lost my mind. Thank you all greatly for assisting me with this problem.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:56 PM

Why do you use the dual feed with a walking foot......isn't the dual feed not needed as the walking foot does the same thing more or less? S'cuse my ignorance....was just wondering.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:45 AM

Hi Ruby2shoes, I ordered a walking foot with a 1/4 seam guide on it. In other words, I wanted it to measure a 1/4 inch seam as I sewed with the walking foot. That was the foot the machine would not zigzag with. My big mistake. Thank you all for giving suggestions to help me. The minky quilt is now at the LAQs.