Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome 7700 Problems-Suggestions? >

Janome 7700 Problems-Suggestions?

Janome 7700 Problems-Suggestions?

Old 11-08-2010, 05:37 AM
Administrator

janome does make an Accufeed 1/4" foot. it's a lifesaver when it's time to sew on the binding. however, the standard 1/4" foot is all you need for piecing.

my favorite Accufeed foot is the open toe foot. save your pennies to get one if it isn't included with your Horizon.

once you get your redesigned standard foot, i'm sure you'll be doing your happy dance all over town. :-)
Old 11-08-2010, 05:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
janome does make an Accufeed 1/4" foot. it's a lifesaver when it's time to sew on the binding. however, the standard 1/4" foot is all you need for piecing.

my favorite Accufeed foot is the open toe foot. save your pennies to get one if it isn't included with your Horizon.

once you get your redesigned standard foot, i'm sure you'll be doing your happy dance all over town. :-)
Thanks Patrice. The machine did come with the open-toe Accufeed foot, but I was trying everything I could think of last night (at 2 am). I'm taking Terri and Machel to the airport this morning, and I work tonight & Tuesday, but Wednesday afternoon I'll be at the Janome dealer as soon as it opens to get the redesigned foot.

And you're right about the throat on this machine. It's so big I'm inclined to name her Linda. :mrgreen: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And if you only knew how many comments I've read about "Where's Patrice's face?" LMBO
Old 11-08-2010, 06:01 AM

I'm sure the new foot will sort it Gai - lucky girl with that machine!

Patrice - I agree! I have all the Accufeed feet, and find I use the open toe more than any of the others. I love it for attaching binding, and now prefer it to the SID Accufeed for ditching.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:26 AM

PatriceJ is in hiding. ROFL. I have her pictures too but won't post them.
Hey GAI GAI, give Tlmhi and Machel a hug for me, they were too fun to hang with. Talk to you soon. You should still be doing your wahoooooooooooing and happy dance over your machine. You are so lucky. Talk to you soon. HUGS

Don't post my picture!!! Get back....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]121449[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-121444.gif  
Old 11-08-2010, 06:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
PatriceJ is in hiding. ROFL. I have her pictures too but won't post them.
Hey GAI GAI, give Tlmhi and Machel a hug for me, they were too fun to hang with. Talk to you soon. You should still be doing your wahoooooooooooing and happy dance over your machine. You are so lucky. Talk to you soon. HUGS
Yeah, she made me promise too, and since she's my new best friend, I need to keep my word! :mrgreen: :-P :-P :lol: :lol: After all, I owe her big time!!

And that video is too, too funny!!!! ROFLMBO!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
I just purchased a Janome 7700 at the Quilt Fest yesterday. I immediately sat down to sew. It is an exceptional machine, and Boy does it sew well! UNLESS you are sewing more than two or four layers at a time. I LOVE to do OBW's, and in fact had one started, so that is what I have been sewing on since I got the machine yesterday. But this machine will NOT sew over the seams when joining the hex strip sets. I even went ahead and engaged the Accufeed, but even that doesn't do the trick, plus the Accufeed foot doesn't have a 1/4 inch foot. I never had this problem with my older cheap Janome. Since I love to do OBW's, I'm not inclined to have to fiddle and fuss over every single seam every time.

So, any suggestions, or am I going to be taking it back to the dealer for a refund this week?
I would return it for a refund, seriously. The reason I say this is because I have the exact same problem with my Janome 6600P - the 7700's precursor - and have never found a way to remedy it. It aggravates me because the "P" stands for "Professional" and, in my opinion, a professional machine should have a strong enough motor/feed dogs to go right over seams without a hitch; my Janome 4800 (much smaller machine) sews over anything, and it was half the price of the 6600P!
Old 11-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by quiltnchik
I would return it for a refund, seriously. The reason I say this is because I have the exact same problem with my Janome 6600P - the 7700's precursor - and have never found a way to remedy it. It aggravates me because the "P" stands for "Professional" and, in my opinion, a professional machine should have a strong enough motor/feed dogs to go right over seams without a hitch; my Janome 4800 (much smaller machine) sews over anything, and it was half the price of the 6600P!
Trish, according to several here, the problem is actually in the FOOT, not with the motor. Read some of the previous posts for more details and check out the video. I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt, and wait to see if the new foot fixes the problem. If it does, I am a happy camper. The machine really is great except for that. The Youtube video shows it sewing over really thick fabric, and evidently it is the FOOT causing the problem. Since they have redesigned the foot and it is available free, I'll wait a bit.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:12 AM

I have a Janome 6600 and have a problem with Gutterman thread - it is not taut enough - the uptake lever - located above the needle - the lever that moves up and down as you sew - drops the Gutterman thread as there is slack in the thread. The only way I solved this problem was getting a thread caddy and setting it to the right of the machine. I set the spool of thread on the thread caddy (a banana holder works for this also) and thread the machine from the caddy. It helps to keep the thread taut.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Originally Posted by quiltnchik
Trish, according to several here, the problem is actually in the FOOT, not with the motor. Read some of the previous posts for more details and check out the video. I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt, and wait to see if the new foot fixes the problem. If it does, I am a happy camper. The machine really is great except for that. The Youtube video shows it sewing over really thick fabric, and evidently it is the FOOT causing the problem. Since they have redesigned the foot and it is available free, I'll wait a bit.
I've contacted Janome customer service to see if I can get one of the new feet for my machine, as I'm hoping that will also fix the problem with it. I haven't heard anything as of yet, but plan to give them a day or two before calling them again.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:42 AM

Did you get the new O2 foot with it? If not, register the machine and Janome will send it. The 1/4" foot was redesigned to accommodate thick seems. I personally haven't had that problem with mine.