Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Janome 7700 a rocky start and dealers.

Janome 7700 a rocky start and dealers.

I posted several weeks ago because my brand new Janome 7700 jammed so badly that it damaged the bobbin case. The out come is, the dealer took it in and their tech replaced the entire bobbin case area, and retimed the machine.
    It is sewing and sounding better then when it came out of the box. My thinking is it was not set in correctly to begin with.
    I am loving this machine again.
    I can not emphsize enough the value of a good honest dealer who is really intereted in having a happy customer.

Blog Entries
    Makes all the difference in the work to have a great dealer/service technician!! You are very lucky!

Glad to hear you and your machine are getting along. It is distressing when one of us is sulking.
    Merivale
    Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanamoms View Post
    Makes all the difference in the work to have a great dealer/service technician!! You are very lucky!
    This is sooooooo true.

Glad to you have a great dealer who was able to fix the problem. Enjoy your 7700, I was going to get one but decided against it and want to wait til I am a little farther into my quilting. Im a newbie so I didn't want to jump in and drowned finding out quilting is not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by nanbue View Post
    I posted several weeks ago because my brand new Janome 7700 jammed so badly that it damaged the bobbin case. The out come is, the dealer took it in and their tech replaced the entire bobbin case area, and retimed the machine.
    It is sewing and sounding better then when it came out of the box. My thinking is it was not set in correctly to begin with.
    I am loving this machine again.
    I can not emphsize enough the value of a good honest dealer who is really intereted in having a happy customer.
    That's why we have warranties!
    It's too bad it happened ...... though you caused yourself a lot of frustrations when it was solved easy enough by going to the dealer.
    Yes, sometimes things happen ... and we just have to take it in stride and talk/see those who can make the difference in the situation ... and your dealer did!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~