Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: janome 8900

The 7700 also has better/more lights than the 6600 (5 lights -- the 8900 only has 3). The serpentine stitch has greater adjustability (this is one of my favorite stitches). I do not believe the fabric guide came with the 6600.

The new version of the 7700 does not come with the table or the soft case.

The 8200 has a true serpentine and does not have the dial that the 7700 has (it is direct input). The 8900 still has the dial. Both the 8200 and the 8900 have no screws in the throat plate to make changing them easier.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Thanks ladies for all the info on the 7700...I was thinking about getting a 6600, but now think I will save a little longer for the bigger machine with more options. (Also QE thanks for asking the questions I wouldn't have known to ask since I haven't used the 6600 like you ave.)

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    Thanks ladies for all the info on the 7700...I was thinking about getting a 6600, but now think I will save a little longer for the bigger machine with more options. (Also QE thanks for asking the questions I wouldn't have known to ask since I haven't used the 6600 like you ave.)
    CarrieM ... thanks for the thanks!! I'm somewhat in a quandary! I want the extra space, but are there enough benefits for the upgrade costs at this time? The Bernina lures me because it has even more space and I have it in the back of my mind that Janome will match that in another yet to come model. Whichever you go for, you'll love it!!! Just don't keep putting it off for the next model up or else you'll never do it!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the info, everybody.

Starting with the 7700 the machines Janome builds for quilters have 11" of harp space. I think the 6600 has 9" and is a nice machine, one of the few that are still made with steel cases.

It is mentioned above but one of the things on the 8900 in the category of why didn't they think of it sooner, is that popup throat plate, easy peasy. For Christmas I'd asked for a short ratchet to make it easier to get those screws off.

When I look at two inches, it doesn't look like that much but I guess it might be for quilting.

I decided on the Horizon 8200 @ $1999. because it was everything and more than I needed. The 8900 is very nice, but I didn't want to pay the extra $1,000 for features I didn't really need. Good luck to you - both are great machines.

Wow, that's a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by grammyx5 View Post
    I decided on the Horizon 8200 @ $1999. because it was everything and more than I needed. The 8900 is very nice, but I didn't want to pay the extra $1,000 for features I didn't really need. Good luck to you - both are great machines.
    Can you let us know where you got that price? I want to be able to go in to my dealer armed with pricing info. Thanks!

I too would be interested in the location for that machine. At my dealer the 7700 is on sale for $2299 and I thought that was pretty good since another place I called it was $2900.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast