Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome dealers >

Janome dealers

Janome dealers

Old 09-15-2014, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Madan49 View Post
That sort of thing smacks of the old fast-and-loose car salesman tricks to me. Tell me the price up front. If I want it, I'll buy it. If I don't, I'll move along. Reputable companies shouldn't have to resort to that sort of thing! Secret prices? What is that?? I have a couple of the lower end Janome for straight piecing, and some high end Brother machines for embroidery and other sewing, plus my longarm machine. I didn't buy any of them wondering what the price was. I knew ahead of time. Otherwise they'd still be sitting waiting for a different buyer than me. LOL
No matter the product, if they are embarrassed to post a price, they don't want to sell it to me. I am too embarrassed to ask. I shopped exactly the same way when I had a large amount of money as I do today with very little money. When I bought my Brother NXQ quilting machine. I took the time to look at it, because it was the only machine in the shop that had a posted price.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:09 PM

I actually tried my 8900 at a store. I did see it online as a call for quote on every website. I ended up getting it at a different store than where I originally looked at it.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:29 PM

I bought a Low end Janome through mrvacandmrsswew online to save $80 off the dealer's cost. Very good customer service and very fast shipping. If I didn't have a dealer nearby and was ready to buy online, I'd use that company again. The second time I called the guy remembered me! I was impressed .
Old 09-15-2014, 02:16 PM

Try Allbrands.com. It's located in Baton Rouge, LA.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:26 AM

Machine pricing, esp. with the more expensive machines, has so many variables. Are you buying with CASH ...no trade, no financing, asking for freebies, etc? Customers need to be upfront too. That "trade" is the bargaining power for both sides of the deal but a dealer is not going to lose income either.

My best bargaining position is to pay with upfront cash without all of the drama of financing (you will pay top dollar) , trade in etc. (I had been saving for this.). I respected the dealer who posted the various buying options. (Not the brand I buy, btw.). I emailed my dealer last November just prior to Thanksgiving. I asked her to quote the best Black Friday price for cash, no trade on the mid-range machine I had been looking at. She shot the price back at me and I bought it. It was the floor model but my pocketbook was very happy and the machine is a dream. No regrets here.

sandy