Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Janome Gem Gold 660 Question

Unfortunately, I think I know the answer but....is there any way to do a satin stitch on this machine??

Blog Entries
    I downloaded the manual and searched but could not find a satin stitch. Any machine that has infinitely variable stitch length and infinitely variable stitch width can do a satin stitch, but this machine looks like it has only pre-set stitches. Even if one of those pre-sets is a satin stitch, it may not be adjustable.

Edit: I found it on Amazon, and it says in the description that stitch width and stitch length are not adjustable. It might be possible to use one of the buttonhole settings for satin stitch, though. Here is the Amazon description with 4 reviews:
    http://www.amazon.com/Janome-Jem-Gol.../dp/B000FLH2VE

Not familiar with this one but it has a zigzag stitch. I would try the shortest stitch length x the width you need. This machine does have a manual buttonhole so you should be able to adjust it for a satin stitch.

Thanks soo much...I'll check it out!