Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Janome Harmony Model 3125

Blog Entries
    I picked up this machine for $15 today at a yard sale. No manual. It looks brand new and sewed fine until I put in a new needle. Now it won't sew a stitch. I put the old needle in and it sews. Only problem the old needle is dull. The old needle is much longer than the new Schmetz universal needle I'm using. anyone have the manual for this machine to tell me the needle recommended? I have a Janome Gem and use the regular Schmetz needles in it all the time.

Blog Entries
    I went to Janome site and they don't even list this machine any more . Maybe try ebay for the manual ? Sorry

Blog Entries
    I found the manual at the janome site. It was free to download. All their manuals are free downloads. :D :D :D

If the needle in the machine is longer than the Schmetz, my guess it is a Singer needle. But, if that machine won't sew with a Schmetz, it may be out of time. For the price of the machine, it's well worth a trip to service for timing.

you should download the manual anyway. you should familiarize yourself f with the machine for any future questions. it may save you a trip to the doctor.

Blog Entries
    Nothing about the needle being a special size. I put the old needle back in and it sews great. New needle it doesn't even pick up the thread. :? Weird. I''ll keep playing with it. I'll take it apart, for $15, it will be a good teach myself about machine guts. :D

Quote Originally Posted by crashnquilt
    If the needle in the machine is longer than the Schmetz, my guess it is a Singer needle. But, if that machine won't sew with a Schmetz, it may be out of time. For the price of the machine, it's well worth a trip to service for timing.
    Wow, are Singer needles longer than other needles? I didn't know that.

Did you compare the size of the needle it came with to the Schmetz needle? :? :?

Blog Entries
    That's how I knew the old needle was longer.

Get a magnifing glass out & see if you can read what name is on the old needle. You might try not pushing it up all the way & then tighten it. Needles can be such a pain. Good luck.