Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Janome Horizon 7700 feedback

I am new tonite to this site. Can't figure out how to get to the ladies asking about above machine so will try here. Just bought one at Houston festival and just starting to piece my first quilt with it. Loved it at class in Texas, but have just discovered fundamental glitch. Feed dogs are too far apart, which makes piecing with quarter inch foot clumsy, as only left dog is pulling at fabric and wanting to pull it sideways. Tried with triangles 2 nites ago and gave up after 3 tries chewing away at fabric. I pulled out old Pfaff and yes indeed dogs are nearer together and sewed them nicely. Have only just begun, and haven't contacted Janome for help yet so the jury is still out. Oh yeah, tonite sewing strips with qu foot and still only left dog feeding/pulling. Still clumsy even with presser foot tension set to 2 instead of 7.

Welcome from Oklahoma don't know anything about Horizon machines . I was taught from a class to use a scrap first then start sewing the pieced units to keep the feed dogs from eating it. I had to do that this evening on my currant project. :)

QM
    I have an older Janome model and have not experienced a problem here. I tried out a Horizon and did not have a problem with it. Maybe it's a matter of getting used to 'steering' it. Perhaps you should practice on some scraps first.

Click on SEARCH at the top of the screen, then type in Janome Horizon and you will get the posts relating to it. You can PM gals that have the machine and ask their opinion - I'm sure they would be glad to give you some guidance.

Blog Entries
    I haven't had any issues...love mine!!!

If you're having a problem with chewing fabric at the beginning of piecing, you should try using your straight stitch plate.

Blog Entries
    Join the Yahoo group for this machine. I belong to a Yahoo group for my Janome 6600 and have gotten so much help and information.