Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Janome Horizon - Fair Price?

Hi-

I am seriously considering purchasing the Janome Horizon, but was wondering if the $3k price tag is out of the ballpark? I was thinking that some people are purchasing them for $2500 or a little less, but maybe I am wrong?

Please shed some light on this. Thanks!

I got mine in Canada for $2499

I got my Janome 9700 for $1799.00
    Love it .

$3K is not out of the ball park, but you should be able to get the machine for closer to $2500. Depending on your local dealers, you might have to wait for one of the Janome special promotions though.

I know a few people have done appreciably better than $2500, but that seems to be the best possible price in my area.

Are you any where near Houston Texas they will be having there BIG QUILT SHOW 3rd of Nov You can find some good deals there,

Blog Entries
    $3,000 is the full manufacturer's suggested retail price. my dealer sells it for $2,400. the next lowest price i've heard is $2,500.

unless your dealer throws in several years of "free" maintenance (as in at least 3 years) and a nice selection of the optional feet and accessories, i'd look elsewhere.

Do a search on this subject, there was a post about a month ago, a gal found a vendor in TN that was selling it for $1800. You wouldn't get free lessons but it would still be new and come with a full warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyrabbit
    Hi-

I am seriously considering purchasing the Janome Horizon, but was wondering if the $3k price tag is out of the ballpark? I was thinking that some people are purchasing them for $2500 or a little less, but maybe I am wrong?

Please shed some light on this. Thanks!
    My DIL just bought this machine for 1400 euro. It's so sad it will be too expensive to import it to you....

Hi Canmitch,
    Can you tell me where in Ontario that you found this price? The dealer in Guelph, Triangle Sewing Centre quoted me $3000 and the new dealer in Maxwell (south west of Collingwood) wanted $3200 but that included the new table that just came out. I am interested in this machine but have been hesitating about the price. Many thanks.

My lqs just participated in a small quilt show and let the show use at least 20 of those machines. She in turn sells them at a discounted price to anyone interested. It comes with the tutto case ($200 value) for free and of course she takes trade ins on certain Janomes and a free class to learn how to use it. But this is in Houston, Tx. Not sure where you are.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast