Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15000, Babylock Destiny or Brother Dream Machine >

Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15000, Babylock Destiny or Brother Dream Machine

Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15000, Babylock Destiny or Brother Dream Machine

Old 10-16-2015, 06:32 PM

Default Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15000, Babylock Destiny or Brother Dream Machine

Does anyone have any of these combo machines? I am down to these for my upgrade purchase. The only other ones I've seen that aren't a combo that I could get separate are the Janome 500e & the Janome Skyline S7? Thoughs & feedback please
Old 10-17-2015, 03:10 AM
Power Poster

Have you looked on Amazon or done any research on the web?? Not familiar with either machines. Good Luck in your search.
Old 10-17-2015, 03:22 AM

I have a Janome 12000. What I've learned: A seperate embroidery machine is useful to have running while you sew on another machine. Loading the hoop on the Janome is logistically difficult since it attaches behind the machine. I thought being able to keep the embroidery module attached was a great idea. I have to remove it anyways for my machine to fit down in the table.
The needle threader isn't very good. I'm on my second one.
The extra light that extends out in the front can block the view of the presser foot depending on how high or low you are sitting.
Just some small things to look for.
Old 10-17-2015, 03:30 AM

I LOVE my Janome 9900 combo. It was my upgrade from the Janome 9700 ...which I still have. I chose Janome because of the ergonomices and I love that the embroidery module is behind the bed...ready to use whenever. Tho i do take it off to drop the machine into the flush surface in my table. Smooth, quiet sewing.

What machine feels right for you? It is like buying a car...you have to love it...not us.
Sandy
Old 10-17-2015, 04:54 AM

I would say always by machine like you are talking about at a dealer.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:52 AM

I have the 15000 and love it. There is a yahoo site for questions and you can order a workbook. I used it to quilt two baby quilts using the embroidery part. Use it for sewing and embroidery. I do have the Janome 11000 to use while I am using the embroidery on the 15000.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:55 AM

The destiny/dream machine are super easy to use. The best features I love are the camera, the wide harp space, the color sorting(wish I had this on my dreamweaver), the onboard scan/digitize feature is fun to play with(it does have limitations). I love the pen and laser on mine which are also available on the dream/destiny. They are the same machine, dream has disney designs, and the destiny has nancy ziemen designs. the dream will have the my custom stitch feature if that matters to you. otherwise they are identical in features and stitch functions. I would go with which company/dealer has the best deal since they are identical if you don't care about the designs. Brother also has the best needle threader on the market if that matters to you. it is awesome. The lighting is super bright and the dream is super quiet, even quieter than mine due to the industrial embroidery arm they put on it from their indutrial line. I would get one if they weren't so expensive but I have test drove them and used them in events at my dealer and they are wonderful. They do have inspirational guides for the babylock version. Also another thing I love that I now can't live without is that muvit foot and multifunction foot pedal. I don't know what features the 15000 has but I know that the brothers and babylocks are amazing. Its up to you to decide which features you love the most.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:15 PM

Check out this thread. There's some good information.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...e-t271073.html
Old 10-17-2015, 02:51 PM

I presently have the Janome 11000 and have been very happy with it! However, of course, I am looking to upgrade. I have a little problem lifting the 15000. Have decided to get the 500e embroidery only machine. (actually, I just got it) and once I sell my 11000 (It has a lot of extras - feet, hoops - so I am hoping I will get enough), I will buy the Skyline s7. The two of them come to less than half the price of the 15000, can do just about everything, and I can lift them!! P Enjoy! Ann
Old 10-17-2015, 04:34 PM

I've had my dream machine for a year. I love it. It is easy to use, has great designs and is quiet. The camera is the best feature. You can scan and then place your design exactly where you want it. It has a large hoop. It is a very heavy machine. The scan and digitize feature is fun to use.