Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15000? >

Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15000?

Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15000?

Old 02-21-2018, 03:53 PM

Default Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15000?

I'm looking at possibly purchasing this machine. I've only had Viking's for years now. So, what can you tell me about this machine?

When did it come out? How well does it run? Is it reliable?

Anything else??

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2018, 05:36 PM

Had mine for about 3yrs love it just had it upgraded to the quilt maker it is a awesome machine
Old 02-21-2018, 07:00 PM

I think it came out around 2013. My Mom has one, and has put a lot of stitches on it. It runs beautifully, and has been extremely reliable. She does a lot of embroidery on it, and the only thread that has given her any trouble was some old junky stuff that she got 3 for $1 at the hardware store.

I like using it for FMQ; the throat is much bigger than my Viking Sapphire, and the walking foot also works really well. I was able to figure out the menu system and built-in help videos quite easily, so I can use it without much trouble even if I haven't looked at it for a year.

It is very heavy; if you go to sewing days away from home, you should plan on having a separate portable machine.

If I was in the market for an embroidery machine, I would definitely consider this one!
Old 02-21-2018, 09:06 PM

I've had mine 4 years now and have been very, very happy with it. There are bells and whistles I would have never thought of (much less own a machine with them). There is a learning curve to get the most out of your machine. Janome is a very reliable brand. I'm on Janome Yahoo and Facebook groups that focus on this machine and the issues are few and far between.

I do a lot of quilting, use the embroidery unit to quilt on my quilts, and also use the embroidery for a few embroidery items for my granddaughter.

I didn't actually go to the dealer to get a new machine. I was taking my Janome 7700 in for it's annual spa day and my husband was with me. He does tend to look at top of the line everything and was looking at this machine when the owner of the store started talking to him about it. I felt like the machine was way out of my price range and I knew there would be additional costs for the embroidery (thread, stabilizers, etc.) and just dismissed the whole thing. Later at home my husband told me he really wanted to buy this machine for me. How could I refuse him???

Now I am very spoiled. I can't imagine life without it.

I wish you the best in your decision.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:51 AM

Thanks ladies!! Now to decide!!
Old 02-22-2018, 05:52 AM

A friend of mine purchased this machine...and she is very particular....she loves this machine.... She was a Husqvarna fan for years - she had also looked at the Baby Lock Destiny but decided upon the Janome 15000...it is a beautiful machine.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:22 AM

Don't think you can go wrong with any Janome machine. I love them so much I have 3 different ones.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:29 AM

Hi, I have had the 15000 for almost 4 years and simply love it. I would suggest going to the Janome website and checking out all this machine can do. Then going to a dealer and sewing on it. One of the major deciding factors for me was that the embroidery unit goes to the back of the machine and not to the left as most of the other brands do. I knew I had space behind my sewing machine area that was not available to the left. You don't need a lot of space, with the embroidery arm open it measures 27 inches from front of machine to end of embroidery arm.
I also "splurged" at the time and bought a dedicated cabinet for it, perfect. Not one moment have I regretted buying this machine.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy224 View Post
Hi, I have had the 15000 for almost 4 years and simply love it. I would suggest going to the Janome website and checking out all this machine can do. Then going to a dealer and sewing on it. One of the major deciding factors for me was that the embroidery unit goes to the back of the machine and not to the left as most of the other brands do. I knew I had space behind my sewing machine area that was not available to the left. You don't need a lot of space, with the embroidery arm open it measures 27 inches from front of machine to end of embroidery arm.
I also "splurged" at the time and bought a dedicated cabinet for it, perfect. Not one moment have I regretted buying this machine.

I saw that the embroidery is on the back. That's kinda nice. I too would have to get a new cabinet. The one I have won't fit the 15000. What cabinet did you get? I've been looking. My thought is if I can find a cabinet I like then I'll get the machine. What I have now I can easily see thread as it's on the doors, not in a drawer. The ones I've seen have the thread put into drawers. I'm not sure I like that.

Thanks for the info!
Old 02-25-2018, 03:05 AM

This is the cabinet I bought. My dealer sold it and even delivered to my home and set up for me. It was a bit pricey but I figured that if I was paying $10,000 for a machine, I wasn't going to put it on a $40 table from Walmart! I do like the "rounded" shape of it for quilting as the quilt doesn't get hung up on corners. The cabinet is top notch quality and works beautifully. the opening is cut for the 15000 and fits perfectly. There is a newer version now that has shelves on the right side. All Brands sells it as well.

Good luck in your search.

http://www.allbrands.com/products/44...MaAnzFEALw_wcB