Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Janome Jem Platinum 760

Blog Entries

Janome Jem Platinum 760

I bought a used one today for $300. Is this a good buy. If you have one, when did you get it and do you like it?
    Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

If it has no issues then that is a very good buy. Have been looking at the Janome Jems in search of a light weight machine to take to classes.
    jackie

Quote Originally Posted by greensleeves View Post
    If it has no issues then that is a very good buy. Have been looking at the Janome Jems in search of a light weight machine to take to classes.
    I had a Janome Simplicity DM200 (not sure what the equivalent model would be for you) and ordered the Jem online as there's no supplier in my area. When it arrived I didn't think it was any lighter than the one I already had. I got DH to weigh it and it was only just over 1lb lighter If it's purely weight and not size you're after, you might want to consider one of the lighter weight Janomes - you might get more features for your money.
    Lang may yer lum reek.

Forgot to say - I returned mine and got a TXL 607 for a few pounds extra and love it, although it's a little heavier than my original. Also the Janome 525S won the 'Best Buy' from our national consumer magazine Which? and it only weighs 6kg.
    PS - I don't work for Janome, lol!
    Lang may yer lum reek.

I have the jem, and she is a dandy of a machine. price wise you did ok. nice little light weight machine to take to class which is why I bought it.

We have one of the forunners but also a Janome Jem. I say "we" becuase everyone in my large family sews on it or has learned to sew using that machine. It is great for taking to class and does a wonderful free motion stich. Enjoy!
    Anna Quilts

I have the same machine and got it new for around $500 on a special. I really like it for my piecing and taking to classes. I have the 12K for my heavy sewing and emb. I also like the weight for carrying around the 760 as I can handle it. Enjoy!

I got the Jem Platinum 7 years ago after I killed my Jem Gold in a car accident. I love it. It travels well (barring a car crash) to class, etc. it has not given me a moments trouble. I do have it cleaned yearly. Good choice, have fun.
    Happy Quilting Grandma of 15, 3 Greats

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the input. So far I like it a lot.
    Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

Blog Entries
    How long has this been out?
    Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast