Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Janome MC6600p Monogramming

What do you do to correct the problem?

Thanks so much! I had just taken a class with a Janome dealer and when I asked about that knob she said, "I don'd know what it's for but just leave it where the technician put it." That was really bugging me knowing it had to have a purpose.!

Blog Entries
    I was also told by my dealer that they didn't know what the dial was for. Just leave it alone. Thanks for the education.
    Dreams Do Come True
    Good friends are like quilts - they age with you, yet never lose their warmth.

Quote Originally Posted by marand View Post
    What do you do to correct the problem?
    Marand, Page 86 of your manual will explain it.
    Being skinny isn't easy, so I gave up and opted for being sexy instead. (aunty acid)

OHSue, I can't tell you how many times I've looked at that dial in the past few weeks! lol
    I'm so happy to be a member of this group of people who have taken the initiative to figure these things out and share them!

The monogramming ability, to make quilt labels, was one of the reasons I bought this machine. It's minimal in ability, but does the job ok.

The walking foot was the other reason, after having used a Pfaff machine with the built in IDT walking foot for so many years. The Pfaff walking foot is far, far superior to the Janome one in that it is usable on many of the other feet, without having to remove the entire assembly, not to mention that those other feet are of normal size and shape. I'm disappointed in the walking foot on the Janome and find it extremely annoying to set up and use. That was the only difference between the 6500 and the 6600, I believe.
    Being skinny isn't easy, so I gave up and opted for being sexy instead. (aunty acid)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2