Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome Memory Craft 12000-  Help >

Janome Memory Craft 12000- Help

Janome Memory Craft 12000- Help

Old 12-01-2013, 04:40 AM

Unhappy Janome Memory Craft 12000- Help

I recently bought this machine from a local Sew and Vac store. It's a really long story. Does anyone else have one and know where I can get some instruction on the software? I have the AcuFil Quilt Software and the Horizon Link Software that comes with the machine. The dealer has been no help what so ever. I located a Quilt Store about a half an hour away that offered me classes along with a couple other ladies who were taking delivery of their machines soon. But it just isn't happening. I love the machine, but know I'm not using it to it's full potential because I can't figure out the software. I live in the Raleigh/Durham area of NC. Perhaps if someone on here is knowledgeable of the machine I could get a couple questions answered. It's been a very frustrating experience trying to figure it out on my own. I've even contacted Janome Customer Service and registered a complaint. They told me they were sending my info on to the local district manager. But never heard from them either. So for now I have a very expensive machine that sews great, but could be doing so much more.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:12 AM

there is a group on yahoo. i have the 7700 and they are helpful. i also think
you can get the manual on line. don't remember how just google
Old 12-01-2013, 05:43 AM

I don't have this machine so I'm not sure if this is much help but here are a couple of links I found with videos and instructions for both of the software items you listed. One is a blog and the other is on the Janome website.

http://janomelife.wordpress.com/2012...-horizon-link/

http://www.janomespecials.com/mc1200...ilting-kit.htm - There is a video link on this page
Old 12-01-2013, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by dnorton View Post
I don't have this machine so I'm not sure if this is much help but here are a couple of links I found with videos and instructions for both of the software items you listed. One is a blog and the other is on the Janome website.

http://janomelife.wordpress.com/2012...-horizon-link/

http://www.janomespecials.com/mc1200...ilting-kit.htm - There is a video link on this page
Thanks for the info. I've been over and over the Janome site more times than I can count. I've looked at all the videos. But still have questions. The item I'm having the most problem with is how to get the Stitch Composer out of metric and into inches. I designed a little rubber ducky but when I stitched it out it turned out about the size of a pin head. The AcuFil Software doesn't tell you how to enlarge the stippling. It is so dense. I'm having more problems with the Horizon Link than the AcuFil. I'll keep looking online because I'm not getting a bit of help from Alexander's Sew and Vac in Durham NC. Wish Upon a Quilt in Raleigh has told me I can come there. Which is very nice of them since I didn't buy from them. But when seems to be up in the air. Thanks again. Susan
Old 12-01-2013, 10:19 AM

Wow. So sorry the store you purchased the machine from is not helpful. A few years ago I bought the 11000SE and a Babylock Evolution serger from a Sew & Vac in Sarasota, FL, and they were so wonderful. I have free lessons for life, and free maintenance for 10 years on both machines (annual checkup/cleaning are not included in that, but if anything goes wrong with the machines they are covered). I'd go back and talk serious turkey with the dealer if I were you, and I'd also report their lack of support/assistance to Janome. Hope you find what you need.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:24 PM

You can't enlarge the stippling. It would then be called meandering, I was told. I bought the 11000SE for the same reason, thinking I could quilt a whole quilt with it. You can but it will be one heavy quilted quilt when you're done. I thought that I could enlarge it - NOPE. I use lots of single line quilt patterns for quilting smaller items.

Are you sure you are using the most current and correct drivers and updates for the Horizon Link and the Acufil software. Most of those problems are computer related and not really about shooting it over to the machine from the laptop.

I saw a demo on the 15000 and the stitch composer. I'm not sure you can change it because it's basing the composed stitches on the new 9mm width of the foot and each box in the grid is approx. 1mm. Changing it to inches might be a problem.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:24 PM

I have had my 12000 for 2 years now and love it. There is a Janome 12000 yahoo group that can give you tons of info. If you PM me, maybe I can help get you started.