Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: janome muffling mat

hi quilt family

can anybody tell me if they've tried the janome muffling mat---if so, does it work----does it really muffle the sewing machine sounds where you can really notice---is it worth buying ???????????????????

Blog Entries
    I'll have to look it up, I never heard of it before. If it works it's worth it.

Amazon has it for $8. I would like to know what it's made of. The shipping is $8!

I use a thick quilted place mat under my Janome and it works for me. I also tilt it forward with 2 rubber door stops at the back. Makes it easier to see what I'm sewing, and stops my back and neck aching from leaning forward.

Blog Entries
    Hubby said he could buy thick gasket material at a mill supply store to make a vibration absorbing mat. I don't mind the $8 cost but I just won't pay that much for shipping, I have a stubborn streak about shipping charges.

I use the gripper stuff you put under rugs and it not only holds my machine in place on the slippery table, but keeps any noise down.

thanx everybody ! i'll probably go the cheapest route on this 1.

Smack dab between Dallas and Tyler, Texas
    Great tips - will try these to muffle the sound - sometimes I try to listen to tv as I am machine piecing.

Well this is a duh moment. I am not happy with the sounds my Janome makes (or for that matter any machine I've had!) NEver thought to try and muffle the sound.

Makes sense to me!

Banned
    My husband built me a table made of very thick solid wood boards and covered it with vinyl tile squares for the surface. Its very very heavy so the sewing machine doesn't vibrate or make any noise.

I bought one for my machine at my local Janome dealer for $8.oo and I think it helps. But I would not pay for shipping etc. if it wasn't local. Marge

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast