Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: JCPenney 7064 sewing machine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcey_amin
    I was wondering if any of you could assist me on how to thread this machine. I got it from my step dad and it doesn't have a manual. Any suggestions on how to get a manual.
    Here's a source for machine manuals and threading diagrams:
    http://www.sewusa.com/Sewing_Machine...on_Manuals.htm
    http://www.sewusa.com/Sewing_Machine...g_Diagrams.htm

All of the old machines thread about the same and require oil in the same places (wherever two moving metal parts touch, except for gears which require lubricant instead of oil). I buy thrift shop machines to fix up for a non-profit and rarely need to look for a thread diagram or oiling diagram; they are all so similar. Here is a link to a diagram that works for many machines:
    http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diag...ng_Diagram.htm

Thank you so much for your advise. I really don't know how to sew very good. I kind of just fake it. But the last time I tried to thread it, it didn't work. I don't see this model on the websites that you have sent and I can't really make out what they are telling me to do. I know, what a goof, huh? HA! HA! I will just keep on trying till I figure it out I suppose. Thanks for your help though.

Blog Entries
    Experiment. That's how I've figured out some machines. Be aware that the bobbin thread is supposed to go in a specific direction; one thing you might not think to try is turning the bobbin over so the thread comes off from the opposite direction.

Also, if you can post specifically what goes wrong when you thread it, we may be able to help. If it doesn't form a stitch at all, sometimes that means that the timing is off and needs to be adjusted by a technician; the problem may not be the threading.

Oh, that is interesting! So, it may not be me at all! I like that! I will keep working at it! Thank you!

Lisa,
    I have this exact machine but I don't have a manual. Do you have one?

I have the same exact machine, JC Penny 7064 but don't have the manual either. Right now I need the right way to thread the machine - I can find every model except the 7064. Can anyone help?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monahudgins
    I have the same exact machine, JC Penny 7064 but don't have the manual either. Right now I need the right way to thread the machine - I can find every model except the 7064. Can anyone help?
    It probably threads the same as this one:
    http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diag...ng_Diagram.htm

Most models from the same manufacturer thread the same, especially if they are close in model #.

I have this machine. I just bought it at a tag sale and it came with a manual.
    IF you have not yet figured out how to work it as this is a very late post to yours, I would be happy to copy this and send you a copy either via Email or regular mail. Which ever would be easier for any of you.
    Please just drop me an Email and put Manual, sewing machine in the subject line.

Thank you and I really hope I can help those of you who do not have the manual.

I just bought this machine for $3 at a yard sale. yes that says three dollars. but i think the bobbin filler is broken. when i turn turn the knob to disconnect the needle from going up and down, you know so i can fill up a bobbin on top, neither part moves. the engine just revs. any suggestions. I too would just LOVE to have the manual? you can email me at jasaura83@yahoo.com. I am a grandma and mother to 5 myself. i've always just faked it off the littlr bit i learned in 7th grade, back when all little girls took home ec! funny. but I love to make culottes for my darlings. Thx in advance for any help. you have a great site here.mamak

plx see my message, sew4saura, on this same thread? yes i wld love to have a copy!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast