Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Jeanne S's Modern Floral Irish Twist--Now need border help, please! >

Jeanne S's Modern Floral Irish Twist--Now need border help, please!

Jeanne S's Modern Floral Irish Twist--Now need border help, please!

Old 02-24-2015, 05:32 AM

Once again you made another gorgeous quilt. Love your eye for color. What ever you decide for borders will be perfect.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:57 AM
Power Poster

Q65, you have such an eye for color and fabric and your piecing is spot on. I really think you should trust your instincts because you have proven again and again that everything that comes out of your studio is drop dead gorgeous. So I say go with your first thought of the Seminole border. I really like the first two pics with the on point burgundy square in the lighter floral or the off white, I think I might actually prefer the off white but with so few blocks auditioning, it is hard to say. Either way, I think the Seminole piecing will frame the quilt beautifully and draw the eye in as opposed to drawing it away. Think of all the famous Hudson River School landscapes. They all had/have beautifully ornate frames to showcase those masterpiece landscape paintings. Can't wait to see the finished product. This one is another beauty and for a more simple construction, you sure made it look complex.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 02-24-2015 at 06:00 AM.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:45 AM

It is an outstanding quilt. Love your fabric selections. Could someone give the original title of Jeanne S's post where she tells about her quilt and maybe gives some instructions (reference earlier postings on this thread)? I tried to search for it but my knowledge on how to fine-tune the search is non-existent. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by heronlady View Post
It is an outstanding quilt. Love your fabric selections. Could someone give the original title of Jeanne S's post where she tells about her quilt and maybe gives some instructions (reference earlier postings on this thread)? I tried to search for it but my knowledge on how to fine-tune the search is non-existent. Thanks in advance for any help.
Heronlady (love your id name!)
My original post has the title "Floral Irish Chain With a Modern Twist" and was posted on August 28, 2014. if you enter that title in the search window it should pop right up. Sorry I don't know how to do a link to it. In the later pages of the thread I post the instructions on how to make it. Just PM me if you have any questions.