Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jelly Roll or Honey Bun?

Blog Entries
    Hmmm, had to Google 'Honey Bun' to find out what it was, as I hadn't heard the term before. In answer to your question, I like the idea of both, but don't think I would be able to bring myself to use them. I think they would end up as decorative items, just like Quilter1962.

Blog Entries
    Working on a quilt made with jelly rolls now--loving it!!1 Goes together so easy!

I have never used either but have been eyeballing both. Just waiting to save the $$ for some.

I just buy yardage, to much of a price raise to have it in strips or squares. If I bought them; Two rolls would take care of my monthly budget....If I had a lot of money...yes i would buy lots of goodies :oops: :roll: :wink:

I just checked honey buns wow that is pricey :roll: :roll:

I made a quilt last year with a jelly roll and charm squares. The pattern is titled Strips n Bits. I loved the quality of the fabrics. It was so easy to work with them. The only problem was sorting lights and darks as the roll and charm pack has the entire collection. I needed more definition between the dark and light, but it is still a pretty quilt.

judee

Banned
    Now for a dumb question--what are honey buns?

I think the same as a Jelly roll 2 1/2" x 44" strips, though there is also a 1 1/2" precut strip out there as well. The Jelly rolls typically come with 35 or so strips from a line of fabrics that go together.

I've only used Jelly rolls... using them now to make some log cabin blocks.. also have used them to do a braid and also binding when I have leftovers...

Blog Entries
    ok I pieced that braid..but I don't understand exactly how to cut it. Can you help me with an easy way to make sure I get it even. I pieced that in no time with Christmas fabric and it turned out great..fast and easy..any help would be appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2