Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: jelly roll patterns

jelly roll patterns

My mil gave me a jelly roll for christmas and I am trying to decide what to do with it. I am not wanting to do a strip quilt. I want something more interesting than that. and other than binding and backing and maybe boarder should one jelly do it for the quilt top? I am looking at a lap or baby size top. any suggestions as to what to do. (my SIL also sent me a pattern for i think its a warm wishes type pattern. it squares and strips in different sizes.)
    when life gets you down go and talk with a little kid. They will help you work out even the worst problems with their simple logic.

French Braid would be perfect ... though I'm not sure on how much you need for a full size quilt.

Log Cabin?
    Rail Fence style?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blog Entries
    My DS gave me the book "Scrap-Basket Surprises - 18 Quilts from 2 1/2" Strips" by Kim Brackett, published by The Patchwork Place. Most of the quilts in it look complicated, but when you start reading the instructions they are really simple. Of course, DS and DDIL had already picked out the quilt they wanted. She said "There's no hurry, you've got 364 days to do it." You might want to look at it.
    A smile is the light in the window of your face that tells people you're at home.

Check out Kimberly Einmo. She has written three or four books on Jelly Roll quilts and they are wonderful! I know they sell them on amazon or you can go to her website. Her quilts are always easy and fun. Enjoy!
    SewMomma66 - Janome 7700 named Lucy, Pfaff Creative Vision 5.5 named Ethyl, Babylock serger named Fred, and Janome 9500 named Ricky.

jelly roll quilts

Quote Originally Posted by sahm4605 View Post
    My mil gave me a jelly roll for christmas and I am trying to decide what to do with it. I am not wanting to do a strip quilt. I want something more interesting than that. and other than binding and backing and maybe boarder should one jelly do it for the quilt top? I am looking at a lap or baby size top. any suggestions as to what to do. (my SIL also sent me a pattern for i think its a warm wishes type pattern. it squares and strips in different sizes.)
    If you go to Missouri Start Quilt Co.. on YouTube.. you will see many quick and easy quilts using jelly rolls..plus the visual is a huge plus..
    "Each day well-lived and Happy
    that's all there is to LIFE!"

Blog Entries
    Chek out the moda bakeshop for free patterns too. Just google it, then look for jelly roll patterns. All are free. One that comes to mind is called sweet menagerie
    fatquarters

Basket weave quilt only need one roll or Quilt as you go runners...posting photos
    Attached Images Attached Images    

There is a New Year's Day mystery quilt on PlanetPatchwork.com that you can use a jelly roll for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamawcj View Post
    My DS gave me the book "Scrap-Basket Surprises - 18 Quilts from 2 1/2" Strips" by Kim Brackett, published by The Patchwork Place. Most of the quilts in it look complicated, but when you start reading the instructions they are really simple. Of course, DS and DDIL had already picked out the quilt they wanted. She said "There's no hurry, you've got 364 days to do it." You might want to look at it.
    I also have this book, lovely quilts to make from strips. Try it.

Pretty... I really like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast