Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jelly Roll

Just wondering what is the average price for a jelly roll and how many pieces of fabric usually comes in one?

Blog Entries
    Retail is about $35 and there are usually 40-42 strips in it. Usually, though, you can find them on sale for as low as $20, especially for older lines.

Blog Entries
    Check out this 40% off sale on Jelly rolls! http://www.fabricandetc.com/ Usually jelly rolls are $27 to $35 dollars. A jelly roll will have 40 -44 2 1/2" fabric strips that are 42" long.

Quote Originally Posted by cindle
    Just wondering what is the average price for a jelly roll and how many pieces of fabric usually comes in one?
    Locally in the Maritimes they range from about $44 to $60 although the is a quilt shop locally that cuts their old stock into 2 1/2" strips and sells for around $27. It's a real mixed bag. How about in your area?

Quote Originally Posted by Twilliebee
    Locally in the Maritimes they range from about $44 to $60 although the is a quilt shop locally that cuts their old stock into 2 1/2" strips and sells for around $27. It's a real mixed bag. How about in your area?
    Not really sure yet how much they cost as I'm new to quilting. But I just got a new book to make jelly roll quilts and have an itch to try to make one. I just got an email from my lqs that said they are having an open house tomorrow and you get 20% off all regular priced fabric ( hoping this includes jelly rolls not sure though) anda free gift with the purchase of $25 or more so I'll probably head over there and check things out.

Ok so I went to the lqs today and the jelly rolls were all around $60 so I didn't end up getting one. Why are they so expensive I just couldn't comprehend spending that much on a jelly roll when I could get a few meters of fabric at other stores for less then that. Just me I thought it was kind of a lot.

Ok so I went to the lqs today and the jelly rolls were all around $60 so I didn't end up getting one. Why are they so expensive I just couldn't comprehend spending that much on a jelly roll when I could get a few meters of fabric at other stores for less then that. Just me I thought it was kind of a lot.

OUCH!! That's alot for a jelly roll.

I thought that a jelly roll was 40 strips standard but I have noticed that a lot only have 20 strips...so make sure you check it carefully...I didn't and I ended up making a small quilt instead of a queen because I bought a jelly roll on clearance last 2 on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    Check out this 40% off sale on Jelly rolls! http://www.fabricandetc.com/ Usually jelly rolls are $27 to $35 dollars. A jelly roll will have 40 -44 2 1/2" fabric strips that are 42" long.
    Oh, I'm in trouble again! You guys have got to stop letting us know where all the good sales are. I'm going broke. LOL But I've also learned that when there is a really good sale, or going out of business, I only get about half of what I ordered. And of course the ones missing are the ones everyone else wants, and probably didn't get. But I am so glad everyone tells us about sales. I really hate to spend full price. So thanks BellaBoo! Really. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

I have a jelly roll DD bought me for Christmas last year and I haven't done a thing with it yet, been trying new patterns and haven't gotten to it yet. Maybe next year.
    I'm finding the quilt patterns and ways of sewing them together are not fast or easy. Taking longer to make then a pattern out of a quilt book.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast