Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jelly Rolls

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the quilting world. I was hoping to get some help. I bought a jelly roll. I thought it would be easier than cutting the material. Big problem! I don't have a pattern. Does anyone out there have an idea for someone new? :-) :-) :-) I would greatly appreatice any help.

thanks,
    Cynthia

I googled quilt patterns for jelly rolls and quite a few sites came up.I saw mentioned log cabin,9 patch,4 patch.should be alot of fun

Banned
    Pioneer Braid, Rail Fence, Courthouse Steps, Chinese Coins are a few easy starter patterns

Thanks for all your help! I will look those up.
    Cynthia

There are several books out there on jelly rolls that are fun and inspiring!:0)I think jelly rolls are much fun to play with. Here's a couple of books that I like-"Heart & Home' by Suzanne McNeill and 'Strip Crazy' by Suzanne also. Both have many different patterns and ideas to use. (And, she has one called 'Strip Delight' too!) I just received my "Connecting Threads" mag and I see they are 20% off there. Might find them on their online site at: www.connectingthreads.com I've never ordered from them and in fact just started receiving their mag:))Keep us posted on what you create over there! Skeat

How about the braiding technique? thats a fun one to do. Make a strippy quilt and make strips of braids and then straight plain strips between them.

Cynthia,

Go with a log cabin. Check out Eleanor Burns books, especially her log cabin book. It is what got me hooked making quilts, and the log cabin is still my favorite. It is also one of the easiest.

Anita

DUHHHHHHHHHHHH............I THOUGHT YOU HAD A GOOD RECIEPE FOR ONE.....LOL.....BUT i DID REALIZE WHAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT....

what's a jelly roll?
    Can you tell I'm a beginner? LOL

here is a site with great possibilities..........i found it looking to see what the pioneer braid was :D

http://members.aol.com/neadods/patch/patch.htm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast