Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Jo-ann sale >

Jo-ann sale

Jo-ann sale

Old 08-20-2011, 05:43 AM

Hello all! I was curious as to what all of you are planning to get at joanne's 3 day sale this weekend? I already picked up some patterns and plan on getting some material to make my new sil a robe for his birthday.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Louisiana. Joann's is too far for me:( I have ordered on line and have been happy with their service. Be sure to show us your finished project:)
Old 08-20-2011, 06:01 AM

Thanks, I will if I can figure out how to add a picture. It has taken me a long time just to figure out how to post here. I have been lurking for a few months and then when I tried to post I couldn't remember how I originally set myself up and had to invent myself all over again. I am hoping to get into quilting. My only child just got married in Oct and I am using her bedroom for a sewing room as soon as she finishes clearing it out. I absolutely love reading everything on this board and looking at all the pictures. I wanted so badly to attend crafty bear's get together, but due to work couldn't manage it during the week.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:25 AM

I buy notions a, patterns nd battings at Joan but their prices are the same Prices as the quilt but not as nice so I tend to shop at the little shops.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:58 AM

I just got home from JoAnn's....it is about 30 miles away so I have to plan my trip along with other errands,with gas prices as they are. I got several Simp patterns for $1 each; one was for draperies,etc., but I bought it for the Roman blind pattern...I also bought a purse/bag pattern.

Bought thread at 50% off; bought muslin,white and off white and was able to use each of my 40% off coupons on them since they were not on sale. Bought some of the $2.49 fabric, not a very large selection but I bought for my stash. the colors I got are navy and yellows; and one piece of mottled yellow...I LOVE blue and yellow together so that might be a quilt in my future.

When I go (Douglasville, GA) Joann's is undergoing remodeling and changing the entire store around; however, the staff that could not have been kinder and helpful in me finding stuff. Too, I didn't realize I could use more than one coupon at a time but the cashier took my flyer and gave me the 40% off the 2nd piece of muslin.

When I got home I realized there was something else I didn't look at,but that will be for another trip at another time.

My local WM doesn't havefabric and I've been whining about it,on the other hand, it is just as well it isn't too convenient for me to buy fabric. My LQS is about 3 miles away but I just can't afford the prices.

GO and have a great time !
Old 08-20-2011, 09:33 AM

My Joanns is 2 hours away. My daughter lives in that town. So I am heading out there right now. Will visit and see DGK. Havent seen them in a while. Then I will visit Joanns. Hope to get some thread, fabric, and stencils.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:02 AM

There is NOT a Jo-Ann's close to me. I guess I will just have to shop online. Maybe someday, I can have a ladies day out & go shopping with some quilting friends.

:wink: :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink:

debra
Old 08-20-2011, 10:09 AM

I forgot all about the sale, thanks for reminding me!