Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joanns coupons >

Joanns coupons

Joanns coupons

Old 09-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

The nearest JoAnn's to me is 128 miles, in Tulsa. If you have one close to you, I think you are lucky. Think of me when you go there. :cry:

Anne
Old 09-20-2008, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rose Marie
My Joanns is great. The same employees since they opened and they are very helpful. Of course there is lots of competition here in Phx. Lots of quilting stores and Walmarts and other Joanns. So I have no complaints.

There's one less Wal-Mart carrying fabric now. Good bye fabric dept at 202 & Alma School (Chandler).
Old 09-21-2008, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Elizabeth A.
I guess I'm lucky. While I only have one LQS nearby, my Joann's is nice. It's always clean and for as long as I can remember the entire length of one side of the store is fabric, I suppose it's "L" shaped, but I don't spend much time in the clothing-fabrics. There is plenty of wide open space and the only time you even notice more than one or two other people is when you're waiting for them to cut your fabric.

I love when my sale flyer comes, as it always has at least one 40% off coupon sometimes more. I've never heard of that "craft-item Ruth, perhaps I haven't been on the mailing list long enough? It's hard to figure out where some of the stuff is for the newbies, as the big names like Fons and Porter are in with the fabric, while the standard names of the same stuff, dritz ect are someplace else. We have two book sections that are good size, one is much more "crafty" and the other is once again buried in the fabric section. But truly, it's nice I would shop there everytime I was out if I could.

I haven't noticed a price hike, but years ago my mom did suspect that they mark stuff up to make up for when they put it onsale. I watch the flyers so often it's sometimes hard to use my 40% off coupon, because it's all on sale.

My neighbor told me you used to be able to mark the sale price back up to the reg. price and then get the 40% off, which a good part of the time would have been the better deal, but they haven't done that since I've been quilting.

i don't think they raise the price, i think they put everything good on sale all the time so you can't use the coupon. i agree that things are badly marked so you don't know what's on sale until you get to the register. i hate my joann's and i thought that they all were stinky. recently i stopped off at a different one about 1/2 hr away and it was great. the prices still were way high, but it was clean and stocked and the staff was helpful. i think that how good they are depends on the neighborhood they're in and what they can get away with there. the great one that i found was in a very high-end area. i actually called headquarters and complained about my smelly, dirty, empty and dopey-staffed joann's. they thanked me for calling and said they were going to contact the manager to shape up.lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you can't fly as high as you'd like, fly as high as you can.

Quilting Forum -> Main
Reply to "Joanns coupons"
Subject
Old 09-21-2008, 03:45 PM

Joanns is closing only to move in to a new store so they will be a super store. I worked there at one time but they got in a new manager that knew nothing about sewing or arts & crafts. I quit witch I never do.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:43 PM

I usually don't go to JoAnn's but lately have found myself a regular. I've started hating Walmart, and the walmarts near me don' thave material anymore which is annoying.

The JoAnn's near me is clean and well stocked. The employees are friendly...and even if it's expensive I at least can go and dream...right? I've not used their coupons before because I'm just not into coupons period, but I've noticed that they put things "on sale" a lot. They're not actually on sale...they just mark the price down a couple bucks and call it a sale. I think that's annoying because the one time I did try to use a coupon they didn't allow me to because it was already "on sale".

Oh well..I guess they're suffering from the same thing everyone else in the economy is...fuel prices. *sigh* I just wish I had another place to buy material...
Old 09-21-2008, 04:53 PM

I love fabric.com. They have beautiful fabrics (all kinds) and nice specials!
Old 09-21-2008, 06:59 PM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/10301.page

here is a good post to read for other suggestions on where to shop online - I love shopping online!!