Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joann's Does Care About Flyers Not Arriving on Time >

Joann's Does Care About Flyers Not Arriving on Time

Joann's Does Care About Flyers Not Arriving on Time

Old 02-05-2011, 05:26 AM

Last week, a new sale started. I still haven't received the flyer. I saw some of you report this for the previous flyer. I contacted Joann's customer service and this this the advice they provided. Let's all jump on the bandwagon and try to resolve the issue.

Dear Catherine,
Thank you for contacting Jo-Ann Customer Service.

Our records show you are current on the mailing list and the flyers continue to be mailed to you at this time. Please contact your local post office should the problem persist. Please, give your address and zip code to the manager of your local Jo-Ann Store any time a flyer is received late or not at all. The stores are instructed to report this information to the Postal Hotline Number we have set up to help identify and correct problem delivery areas. As it is a service we pay for, we appreciate that you have taken the time to bring this to our attention.

Thank you,
Customer Service Coordinator
Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores
1-888-739-4120
Old 02-05-2011, 05:34 AM

You can get their flyer on line for free//they also have the coupons. Just go to Joann.com at the bottom of page if states store flyer. If you sign up for their emails you get special coupons...well worth it.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:53 AM

I just got mine yesterday. It was very late this month. That happens once and awhile to me.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:10 AM

We live just on the edge of town but it is a rural delivery route. And we have the worst delivery person I have ever encountered! Everything is late. I got my Joann's and Hancocks both yesterday. They both have delivery dates in late January.

I have even checked online to see that my package was out for delivery but I didn't get it until the next day! When I asked the mailman where it was yesterday when tracking said out for delivery and he just said: hahaha
Old 02-05-2011, 06:44 AM

Yadda Yadda Yadda on what customer service says. I used to work at Joann's and believe me it's just an empty promise. People came in all the time with complaints that the "Postal Hotline" hadn't done a thing. Maybe (probably!) the managers weren't reporting it, but they got no help at all. And even as an employee, I had to sign up 5 times to start getting my flyers (finally used my maiden name and it worked; maybe I was "flagged.")
Old 02-05-2011, 06:52 AM
Banned

I know this is a post office problem for me. I have a neighbor who works at our local post office and he tells me mass mailings often sit at the facility getting low priority from the workers to get them sent out. He personally has no control over this, but it frustrates him as much as it does all of us. I usually get my flyer on time, but every now and then it is late. On the upside, I always get it before the coupons expire, so even if I don't have it right away, I will still have it in time to get my bargain, if I want it. :-D I can't fault JoAnns for whay my post office does or doesn't do.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:21 AM

I have a different problem with my flyer...DH gets the mail. I have been trying real hard to train him that anything marked "Joann's" or "Fabric" or "Threads" is NOT junk mail but is instead very very important information.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:09 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Vicki W
I have a different problem with my flyer...DH gets the mail. I have been trying real hard to train him that anything marked "Joann's" or "Fabric" or "Threads" is NOT junk mail but is instead very very important information.
:thumbup: :lol: :thumbup:
Old 02-05-2011, 09:22 AM

If you go to your postmaster there is a form to use for reporting that. It's Federal although some of these small towns seem to think it's a family business.

Originally Posted by ssgramma
We live just on the edge of town but it is a rural delivery route. And we have the worst delivery person I have ever encountered! Everything is late. I got my Joann's and Hancocks both yesterday. They both have delivery dates in late January.

I have even checked online to see that my package was out for delivery but I didn't get it until the next day! When I asked the mailman where it was yesterday when tracking said out for delivery and he just said: hahaha
Old 02-05-2011, 10:30 AM
4L

I have signed up in store and online for the flyers. I get the e-mails but have never YET received a mailed one. I have no idea what is up with that...

Oh, and for those of you that get yours late.. there is a reason they refer to it as SNAIL MAIL...