Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnn's Sale >

JoAnn's Sale

JoAnn's Sale

Old 02-18-2013, 09:58 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I just found a 25 yard bolt of cotton batting, regular price - $275, on sale for $99.99. A great deal with the extra 15% off! Sent in my order!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:25 AM

If you are going to try to take advantage of the 1 cent shipping today I suggest packing a lunch as you will be spending an eternity on your computer!! I spent over an hour trying to order some yarn and when I went to submit the order it kicked the order out. I don't need anything bad enough to go through that again.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
Be careful when you purchase their in store specials. I have a friend and she watches carefully at the register and every time she is over charged. Bless her heart. She has the worst luck!
I, too, have had this happen .... so now I carefully watch the register when checking out and then check my receipt when I get to the car. A couple of times mistakes were still made but it was easy to go back into the store for correction ... just the extra time it took. In fairness, I've had the same (and worse) problems with Hancock's.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:16 PM

With 1 cent shipping, I would have just placed more than one order and used all my coupons.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:04 PM

Well, I sure wasn't thinking clearly yesterday...not so much today either!! 1. I'll try phoning an order in and see if I can use more than one coupon. And 2., if not will just order the labels book and use the 1cent shipping.

Well, I called and woman said can only use one coupon online so that didn't work...at least today. She said they're "working on it" to be able to use more than one online. Let's hope so! I did order the quilt lable book w. 1cent shipping---should have just added it yesterday since it's on sale anyway. The stencil I wanted is out for now.

I was going to get the Pedal Stay @ 14.99 (not on sale) but then read some 50-50 reviews and didn't get it. Has anyone here used it? Ck'd Amazon and Walmart and some said it worked fine and some said it still moved. One woman said you had to velcro the pedal to the base and she wanted to be able to use it on more than one machine w/o having to chg the pedal all the time. I've tried the shelf lining stuff and that doesn't work well, pedal still moves. But since I can't use the 50% off coupon and 1cent shipping both, I won't get it now. If I use the 50% off coupon, it's about $7.50 but $5.95 shipping=$13.45 so not much saving. When I googled it, it does cost more other places but will wait to see if there's any feedback here on how well it works.

Wish they would have free or low shipping more often!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I just found a 25 yard bolt of cotton batting, regular price - $275, on sale for $99.99. A great deal with the extra 15% off! Sent in my order!

Me too, lol. I almost ordered it last week at $124.99. I have never used it but read reviews on the QB, seems to be pretty good.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jamiestitcher62 View Post
With 1 cent shipping, I would have just placed more than one order and used all my coupons.
There system would not let me use the code for the 1 cent shipping and a coupon. Coupon also has a code. One code per order.

And of course no reply yet from Joanns regarding my email and question on their so-called expired coupon code. So, hopefully I will get an answer before the 23rd (last time it took 3 days for a reply). But the 1 cent shipping is gone at midnight anyway.

Last edited by NanaCsews2; 02-18-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:34 PM

I have a pedal stay. I would never buy another one. I too had to velcro my pedal to the piece and it goes all over the place. the hooks in the back do not keep it where I put it.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by amyjo View Post
I have a pedal stay. I would never buy another one. I too had to velcro my pedal to the piece and it goes all over the place. the hooks in the back do not keep it where I put it.
Thanks, Amyjo!!! You just saved me some money!! For my machine in the lvg rm I put velcro on the bottom of the FC and it's fine. But on the one in my sewing room.....vinyl floor covering....the shelf/rug padding stuff just doesn't hold it. Anyone have any successful ideas they've tried?
Old 02-19-2013, 04:32 AM

I ordered a bolt of Muslin last evening and used that code and got 50% off. Wouldn't have ordered it otherwise, believe me. No low shipping as only one coupon allowed, but I saved over $50. I am a happy quilter.