Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joann's Snuggle flannel...pills or no pills? >

Joann's Snuggle flannel...pills or no pills?

Joann's Snuggle flannel...pills or no pills?

Old 11-27-2014, 08:18 AM

Default Joann's Snuggle flannel...pills or no pills?

I read some reviews on this flannel and some say it pills, others say not.
I have over the years bought some LQS flannels that have pilled, and some cheaper stuff that hasn't. I have not yet used the Snuggles. What has been your experience and do you have tips on how to wash it? Thanks everyone.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

Interested also!. Going to see other replies. I have nothing to offer!
Old 11-27-2014, 09:13 AM

I've used it for years. I really have no problems with it pilling or with much shrinkage.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:30 AM

I have used it for years. For the most part I have been very happy with their flannel. One time I got a very bad piece. It was their solid blue. And I should have taken it back, but did not. There was some defect, it lost all shape, very odd piece. A few years ago they had all their flannel on sale for $1.00 a yard and I went crazy. There was not a bad one in the batch.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:08 AM

I've found their flannel pills a lot.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Chester the bunny View Post
I read some reviews on this flannel and some say it pills, others say not.
I have over the years bought some LQS flannels that have pilled, and some cheaper stuff that hasn't. I have not yet used the Snuggles. What has been your experience and do you have tips on how to wash it? Thanks everyone.
Ok, yesterday I purchased two bolts of cream flannel from Joanns ($1.49 a yard, wow). They washed up great and look great. Pilling was minimal if any at all. However, in other colors from previous purchases, the results are mixed. Some seem to pill or show it more.

Hope this helps. At the price, it is too hard for me to pass up. Even if I just use it up for the middle layers in rag quilts or as a outer layer for animal beds (for the local shelter.) Next week the price goes back up to $5.99 a yard.

As far as washing, I just washed normal in warm wash/cold rinse. In the dryer, check the lint filter frequently.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:47 AM

A few years ago I bought many different flannels from Joanns to make quilts for all the grandkids. I found the quality to vary a lot from piece to piece. It was very frustrating because I could not tell what would happen just be looking at the unwashed fabric. Because of this experience, I've given up on flannel from Joanns, even though the price is frequently so good.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:09 PM

same thing happen to me. Some was good and the some was awful. Not buying any more from Joann's. Giving away the left over flannel

Originally Posted by quilt1950 View Post
A few years ago I bought many different flannels from Joanns to make quilts for all the grandkids. I found the quality to vary a lot from piece to piece. It was very frustrating because I could not tell what would happen just be looking at the unwashed fabric. Because of this experience, I've given up on flannel from Joanns, even though the price is frequently so good.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:03 PM

I have used this flannel so many times throughout the years and have not had any problems with it, I have used it as pieced backing on king sized quilts also without any problems. I do always wash my fabrics so that it is preshrunk I love their flannel fabric.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:06 PM

Purchased four pieces for bib cloths last June and I found the quality varied.