Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: John Flynn Machine Quilting Frame

Senior Member twospoiledhuskies's Avatar
    I just purchased the above frame. Is any one using this type of frame?? If so, can you send me comments on how you like it - pleeeeezzzee. I have a Hinterburg frame and it's hard to control my machine when I push away from me due to the weight. I am hoping this will be a little easier. Thank you ;)

I have seen this topic many times on the board. To give you alot of feedback go to the search section you will see a great deal of posts and it will give you alot of feeback!
    Sorry, don't have one myself!

Banned
    John makes it look easy when he is demonstrating.

Quote Originally Posted by twospoiledhuskies
    I just purchased the above frame. Is any one using this type of frame?? If so, can you send me comments on how you like it - pleeeeezzzee. I have a Hinterburg frame and it's hard to control my machine when I push away from me due to the weight. I am hoping this will be a little easier. Thank you ;)
    Sit at the side of your machine, facing the needle (i.e. NOT in front of it as you usually sew). Put your table running horizontally in front of you and your machine should be perpendicular to you as you are facing the needle. The frame should then be able to rest on either side of the machine, supported by the table, when you have your quilt under the needle. You then run the quilt under the needle rather than the machine over the quilt. Hope this is helpful. I think it is a great method and especially for anyone with back problems, who may have difficulty dragging the machine around.