Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Joining the club of the empty bobbin

Blog Entries
    Well ladies this morning I was working hard on the king size rag quilt that my son hired me to complete for a friends birthday. I was sewing very nicely on a long row thinking I was doing well. Well to my surprise when I reached the end to snip the thread. There was no bobbin thread. I had been sewing almost the entire row without the bobbin thread without noticing. All pins were gone and rows not sewn together. What a bummer. I had to re-pin almost the entire row and start over. I sure wish I had a red light or something to warn me of the empty bobbin. So I just stopped went to Hancock for sewing machine oil and thread. Then back home to clean machine and fill the bobbin to begin again.

lol...I did the exact same thing last night

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Must be somthing in the air. I did that today.

I only did about half a row before realizing the bobbin was empty!

Blog Entries
    Some one suggested using a full bobbin in both the top and bottom of your machine. Thus, you would know when the bottom bobbin is getting empty by the bobbin on the top. Just a thought:)

I have done that too. I know its a bummer when you take it out and notice its not sewn. add me to the club too. Smiles to you.

Quote Originally Posted by chamby
    Well ladies this morning I was working hard on the king size rag quilt that my son hired me to complete for a friends birthday. I was sewing very nicely on a long row thinking I was doing well. Well to my surprise when I reached the end to snip the thread. There was no bobbin thread. I had been sewing almost the entire row without the bobbin thread without noticing. All pins were gone and rows not sewn together. What a bummer. I had to re-pin almost the entire row and start over. I sure wish I had a red light or something to warn me of the empty bobbin. So I just stopped went to Hancock for sewing machine oil and thread. Then back home to clean machine and fill the bobbin to begin again.
    I believe it!! Had only six inches to go and ran out of thread in the bobbin! Well, atleast it wasn't as tramatic as yours. However, a new invention must be out there to let us know when the bobbin is almost empty......come on inventors..... there is money to be made here with a patent!!!

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    Some one suggested using a full bobbin in both the top and bottom of your machine. Thus, you would know when the bottom bobbin is getting empty by the bobbin on the top. Just a thought:)
    I am going to try that today!!!

Blog Entries
    Another member here.... been there..done that.... and sit with my mouth agape for at least a minute or two! ;-)

Oh boy! I have done this many times...

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast