Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Judy Niemeyer class >

Judy Niemeyer class

Judy Niemeyer class

Old 09-13-2008, 08:43 AM

Can I pick your brain if I run into trouble on my current project? I just received Twisted Star in the mail this week.

Grand Island is a little far. We just moved to Dallas, Texas from north of Lincoln, Nebraska.

Mary
Old 09-13-2008, 08:45 AM
CRH

Butterfly Spain:
You could certainly visit us any time. But we do live in a tornado area, only a few little ones nearby this year. We did get a lot of hail, which ruined many crops and my entire garden for this year. :(

My brother just survived the hurricane- he lived in Clear Lake, Texas and evacuated to Houston, where they are out of electricity, but out of the flood zone and SAFE, I prayed all night. This morning he is cooking for a whole houseful of people since they have gas for cooking. He is hoping to get back to his house just to remove the frozen and refrigerated food he couldn't take with him yesterday, but has to wait til the winds go down and they permit people to go back.

Thank heaven Texas had learned lessons from Katrina, etc. and had a lot of organization in place!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 08:49 AM
CRH

Mary, how funny that you are from Nebraska! If you still lived here it wouldn't be that far. My nephew goes to college in Dallas.

If I learn anything that will help, I will certainly share it!! Twisted Star looks pretty neat!!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by CRH
Butterfly Spain:
You could certainly visit us any time. But we do live in a tornado area, only a few little ones nearby this year. We did get a lot of hail, which ruined many crops and my entire garden for this year. :(

My brother just survived the hurricane- he lived in Clear Lake, Texas and evacuated to Houston, where they are out of electricity, but out of the flood zone and SAFE, I prayed all night. This morning he is cooking for a whole houseful of people since they have gas for cooking. He is hoping to get back to his house just to remove the frozen and refrigerated food he couldn't take with him yesterday, but has to wait til the winds go down and they permit people to go back.

Thank heaven Texas had learned lessons from Katrina, etc. and had a lot of organization in place!!!
Well, I will bear that in mind. I visited Dallas 2 years ago come Christmas, it was great I shopped till I dropped. Loved all the wonderful shops.

That storm was just horrendous and I know how worried you must have been for your loved ones. Glad they got out. One thing that comes out of these storms is that they learn how to best protect the people, (thats if they listen). I am glad your family is safe.

Elle