Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
juki 2010Q problem solved >

juki 2010Q problem solved

juki 2010Q problem solved

Old 01-16-2015, 06:16 AM

Default juki 2010Q problem solved

Good morning -

Since I posted a few days ago, in response to an inquiry about this machine, that I loved it but had an issue with the walking foot, I thought I should add an update. I had had an issue with the foot pushing fabric forward and had consulted with 2 dealers and searched online, to no avail. I did see some mention of the problem, though.

Yesterday, I called Juki of America and asked for help. Within minutes I was talking with an experienced sewing machine repairman who gave me some suggestions and offered to replace the walking foot if they didn't work. Well, the foot was, and is, fine and I am now sailing along. When I called back, I asked other questions about the machine and every one was answered clearly. I am impressed, to say the least.

Elbert retired from Juki recently but has returned to man the help line and produce a series of youtube videos that will be listed under "elbertdude." One will be on the rather obtuse needle threader.

So, I learned a few things with this: asking dealers who only FMQ may not get you any help with a walking foot, Juki has amazingly accessible customer service, and whatever picture that is, in the manual, that shows the pressure at the lowest setting for the walking foot is either wrong or I misunderstood it.

hugs,
Charlotte
Old 01-16-2015, 07:54 AM

Good to know. Any sites that will give machine help online like this should have a sticky somewhere for just the URL and description. Argue in another forum if you have to.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:36 PM

have dealt with Elbert as well. He was really helpful with a problem with my Juki as well. While talking with on the phone I mentioned I had another new machine and it was so noisy. He said let me hear it, which I did. I was so embarassed when he said to change the needle. I put in a smaller sized needle & it was the answer.
Let us know when the you tube videos are available.
Originally Posted by charlottequilts View Post
Good morning -

Since I posted a few days ago, in response to an inquiry about this machine, that I loved it but had an issue with the walking foot, I thought I should add an update. I had had an issue with the foot pushing fabric forward and had consulted with 2 dealers and searched online, to no avail. I did see some mention of the problem, though.

Yesterday, I called Juki of America and asked for help. Within minutes I was talking with an experienced sewing machine repairman who gave me some suggestions and offered to replace the walking foot if they didn't work. Well, the foot was, and is, fine and I am now sailing along. When I called back, I asked other questions about the machine and every one was answered clearly. I am impressed, to say the least.

Elbert retired from Juki recently but has returned to man the help line and produce a series of youtube videos that will be listed under "elbertdude." One will be on the rather obtuse needle threader.

So, I learned a few things with this: asking dealers who only FMQ may not get you any help with a walking foot, Juki has amazingly accessible customer service, and whatever picture that is, in the manual, that shows the pressure at the lowest setting for the walking foot is either wrong or I misunderstood it.

hugs,
Charlotte
Old 01-17-2015, 02:26 PM

Question

Originally Posted by charlottequilts View Post
Good morning -

hugs,
Charlotte
So nice to hear. Juki sounds like a quality manufacturer.