Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki DX7 >

Juki DX7

Juki DX7

Old 02-02-2017, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Joybell826 View Post
Hi Patricia. Just bought the DX7 but I'm having trouble with the FMQ. The bobbin thread is not doing right. Do you have problems? any suggestions? Joy
Hi Joybell! Sounds like a tension issue. Is everything all right when you do regular stitching with feed dogs up? I'd suggest you start with that. When stitches look OK, then switch to FMQ with feed dogs down and FMQ foot. Sometimes I do have to adjust top tension when I switch to FMQ. Usually have to loosen it a bit. Let us know how you're doing.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:44 AM

Hello Patricia,
Was your dealer in Montreal Civit Sewing Machines? I have tried dealing with the Ontario distributor for this company, but he wants to charge for the shipping from Toronto to his location and is dealing out of his house. I am looking for a reputable dealer so I can have that 'dealer-client relationship' in case there is anything wrong with the machine. Did the dealer in Montreal charge you shipping if you bought your machine in-store? Do they speak English as well? Thank you.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:11 PM

Hi Shepanth!

Yes, I did buy my DX7 from Civit. They don't have a store as such. They have been Juki dealers for industrial machines for years in Montreal. They have offices in an industrial area in Montreal.

When I bought my TL2010Q, which is a strictly mechanical machine, I bought it online. I had done research and was pretty sure that it would be trouble-free. It was.

When it came time to buy the DX7, which was my first computerized machine, I decided to go with a dealer, in case of any problems down the line. Civit was the only one.

I paid $1,600 Can., and we picked up the machine from their office. So I'm not sure what, if any, shipping charges would be involved.

I dealt with them in French, so I'm not sure about their fluency in English. But I would think that if they have dealt with industrial clients here in Montreal, they would have had to deal with some clients in English.

I had a problem with my DX7 several weeks after buying it. It was mainly due to unclear instructions in the Owner's Manual. Civit were very good! They ordered a new throat plate for me (they had it shipped from Japan), apologized for the bad translation in the Manual (from Japanese to English, I guess), and gave me precise instructions on how to avoid the problem in future. No charge. They could have been cheap and say that it was my fault for not following the Manual. I was impressed by their customer service.

I've had the machine for a little over a year now. I use it a lot. I piece on it, do a lot of decorative stitches on crazy quilt blocks, and do free motion quilting on small projects. Great machine as far as I'm concerned.

I'd strongly recommend that you get in touch with Civit, and have a chat with them. Then you can compare with the deal you're getting from the Ontario distributor.

I'm not sure, but I would think that Civit would charge you for shipping to North Bay.

Nice to hear from someone in Canada. If you feel like it, you could join us in the Chatroom when you have time.

In any event, keep us posted.
Old 05-30-2017, 02:32 PM

Hello Patricia, thank you for replying to my question. Your response is very informative. I was concerned with Civit here in Ontario only because they wanted to charge me the shipping costs from Toronto to their location, where I would drive 6 hours to pick it up, on top of the machine price and taxes. It sounds like they don't have the machine is stock and are passing the shipping fee onto me. I am glad to hear you have had a great rapport with Civit in Montreal. Thank you for all the great information!
Old 05-30-2017, 03:37 PM

The problem with Juki is that you can buy a Juki machine from Amazon, cheaper than your dealer can get them wholesale. We love the Juki sergers -- they're the same as the Bernina 800DL and 1150MDA (which have been discontinued by Bernina). But we can't carry them because, who's going to pay $200 extra for the same machine? At the shop, we give a 3-year service warranty, which you don't get when you buy online. But we really can't afford to carry the Juki machines anymore.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:03 AM

Default Juki's HZL-DX7 versus DX-2000QVP

Hi there

A local store in my area was advertising the HZL-DX7 machine a couple of weeks ago in their newsletter and I because after reviewing opinions that I got from online I decided I liked all the features it had on it and decided to go to their store to look at it. They didn't have it in stock. BUT, They introduced me to the DX-2000QVP which essentially is the same machine so I ended up buying that one. I'm still learning how to use it but so far I love love love it. It's very versitile and can sew through leather material if you ever have to sew on heavy material, including layers needed to sew a quilt together.

So since the HZL-DX7 is the same machine (looked like it to me anyway), I'm sure you are liking it alot too! Let us know. Thanks, cher

Last edited by Soyasee; 09-29-2017 at 08:11 AM. Reason: wanted to be more specific
Old 09-29-2017, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Soyasee View Post
Hi there

A local store in my area was advertising the HZL-DX7 machine a couple of weeks ago in their newsletter and I because after reviewing opinions that I got from online I decided I liked all the features it had on it and decided to go to their store to look at it. They didn't have it in stock. BUT, They introduced me to the DX-2000QVP which essentially is the same machine so I ended up buying that one. I'm still learning how to use it but so far I love love love it. It's very versitile and can sew through leather material if you ever have to sew on heavy material, including layers needed to sew a quilt together.

So since the HZL-DX7 is the same machine (looked like it to me anyway), I'm sure you are liking it alot too! Let us know. Thanks, cher
Hi there, Glad to hear that you're happy with your Juki. I've had my DX-7 for almost two years now, and I'm very happy with it.

I use it mainly for piecing and decorative stitches on crazy quilt blocks. I also use it for small quilting projects. Never a problem.

I also have the TL2010Q that I use for quilting large projects.

I'm definitely a Juki fan.

Keep us posted on your projects. Come and chat in the Chat Room.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:38 AM

The DX7 is new to me. I have done piecing and some mending but now needed to do FMQ and am having problems. Is there a certain needle and thread type you have used?
Old 04-20-2020, 09:14 AM

Hi motherofmany13!

I use a Topstitch size 14 needle for FMQ. As to thread, my current favorite is Glide. However, I've also used Connecting Threads cotton and Isacord polyester. I've had to make very tiny adjustments to needle tension when changing threads.
You mention that you're having problems: what type of problem ?