Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki F600 vs Juki 2010 >

Juki F600 vs Juki 2010

Juki F600 vs Juki 2010

Old 10-28-2015, 02:41 PM

Default Juki F600 vs Juki 2010

Hello,

I know these machines have been discussed before, and many people have both, but I trying to choose one of the two. My main question for those of you who have the F600 is how do you like FMQ on it? This machine would be my preference because of the quietness of the machine but I also want to be able to FMQ easily. I won't be making any queen or king size quilts,and would probably use it mainly for wallhangings and smaller. Any thoughts you have on these sewing machines will be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-28-2015, 03:16 PM
Power Poster

when I had my straight stitch Juki, I used it on a frame for quilting... it worked great. i love my F600 for sewing. I tried FMQ on it one day and ended up with nests on the back. i'm sure it was operator error. i never tried the FMQ again. If i could have only one, i'd choose the F600 as i'm sure the FMQ could be adjusted to work fine. I've not been any good FMQng on any DSM i'owned, so i won't say that it can't do a good job.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:19 AM
Power Poster

I would take a small sandwich and test out the machine at the dealership. DSM are just like cars, you have to get out there and test drive them. I did that when I was trying to decide on getting a Bernina in the late 90s.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:49 AM

I have the 2010 and I do FMQ using a SewEzi table. It does it very well.

However, I also have a Pfaff 2170 for backups or problems. I do QAYG and this time I needed to batten down the sashing strips. Tad small to FMQ - the Pfaff has plenty of 9mm stitches that work.

If you need to satin stitch over an area to stop ravelling, there is another good reason for a multi-purpose machine. If you are like me and hate to hand sew, I'd bet a lot of other quilters could join in with multiple other reasons.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:05 AM

I have both these machines set up all the time and alternate between them depending on what I am doing. I like to FM or quilt using my walking foot on the TL98Q (older version of the 210 but very similar) because it makes a great stitch and has more space in the harp. I use my Exceed 600 for piecing and all of its fancy stitches. Now if they would just combine all of these features, it would be the perfect machine. On the other hand, in Canada I could buy both of these machines for less than $2500 and I think that is good value as other brands are definitely more expensive to get similar features.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Shelbie View Post
I have both these machines set up all the time and alternate between them depending on what I am doing. I like to FM or quilt using my walking foot on the TL98Q (older version of the 210 but very similar) because it makes a great stitch and has more space in the harp. I use my Exceed 600 for piecing and all of its fancy stitches. Now if they would just combine all of these features, it would be the perfect machine. On the other hand, in Canada I could buy both of these machines for less than $2500 and I think that is good value as other brands are definitely more expensive to get similar features.
Shelbie, have you seen this, I started a separate thread on this today. It's on the Japan website as of 10-27-15. Taken the F600 and added some nice features. I've contacted Juki America by phone and email and looking forward to more information on this machine: http://www.juki.co.jp/household_en/hsm/hzldx7.html

Old 10-29-2015, 10:54 AM

I have both of these machines too. If I had to choose between them, it would take forever because
I use the 600 for piecing and fancy stitches and the 2010 for FMQ. I tried FMQ on the 600 and it was
OK, but like the bigger harp on the 2010. Hope you find a way to choose between the two, because
they are BOTH great machines. I wouldn't even consider any other ones,
Old 10-29-2015, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Shelbie, have you seen this, I started a separate thread on this today. It's on the Japan website as of 10-27-15. Taken the F600 and added some nice features. I've contacted Juki America by phone and email and looking forward to more information on this machine: http://www.juki.co.jp/household_en/hsm/hzldx7.html

Oh thanks, now I have to choose one of THREE machines, lol.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I would take a small sandwich and test out the machine at the dealership. DSM are just like cars, you have to get out there and test drive them. I did that when I was trying to decide on getting a Bernina in the late 90s.
I would love to test drive machines, but I live 25 hours away from the nearest city that would sell them. We only have one quilt shop here and it is a Bernina shop, which are too expensive for me.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
when I had my straight stitch Juki, I used it on a frame for quilting... it worked great. i love my F600 for sewing. I tried FMQ on it one day and ended up with nests on the back. i'm sure it was operator error. i never tried the FMQ again. If i could have only one, i'd choose the F600 as i'm sure the FMQ could be adjusted to work fine. I've not been any good FMQng on any DSM i'owned, so i won't say that it can't do a good job.
What frame did you have your Juki on? I'm looking for one and can't decide what to get.