Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki HZL-G110 vs. Janome 7330 Magnolia? >

Juki HZL-G110 vs. Janome 7330 Magnolia?

Juki HZL-G110 vs. Janome 7330 Magnolia?

Old 01-30-2015, 10:07 AM

Default Juki HZL-G110 vs. Janome 7330 Magnolia?

I am completely new to the world of machine sewing and looking to buy my first machine. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles, just a solid, reliable machine to piece quilt tops, straight line quilt, and eventually free-motion quilt.

I am looking in the $300-$600 range and have heard good things about the Juki HZL-G110 as well as the Janome 7330 Magnolia. Does anyone have experience with either of them? Would you suggest one over the other?

What about the Juki HZL-G210 Excite? Does anyone know the difference between the 210 and the 110?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old 01-30-2015, 01:30 PM

I too am looking for a machine and have tried both Janome and Juki models at dealerships. Both seem solid and stitch well and I like their warrantees. I haven't tried the specific ones you mentioned, though, and would appreciate any advice from those with more experience. I'm having trouble deciding.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:15 PM

I am going to be watching this thread... I recently bought a Janome Magnolia 7330. I do really like my machine, but I didn't really shop around too much... so I will see what other machines have that is different from mine But I will tell you that Fabric.com has a really good price on the Janome Magnolia 7330... $100 less than what I paid at the dealer https://www.fabric.com/buy/jan-029/j...sewing-machine
Old 01-30-2015, 02:24 PM
Power Poster

I would suggest you go to a quilt show or a dealer who carries both of these so that you can take them out for a test drive. You need to test drive a car before you buy it and you need to do the same thing and get behind the "wheel". You have to find out what options you like and have a feel of the sewing machine and pick what works best for you. Have Fun !
Old 01-30-2015, 02:39 PM

I love love love my Juki Hzl-f600. My vote is for the Juki. I've had mine for 2 years with no issues at all. The one you are looking at is the same size with just a few less features, but still looks like a great machine. I really had to have a knee lift. If that is something you would like, the f300 has a place for the knee lift, but you have to buy it seperately, and that one is at the top of your price range. I can't tell what is different between the 110 and the 210. At Sewingmachinesplus the specs are the same. Good luck with whichever you choose. I hope you love it.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by GretaHoney View Post
I am completely new to the world of machine sewing and looking to buy my first machine. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles, just a solid, reliable machine to piece quilt tops, straight line quilt, and eventually free-motion quilt.

I am looking in the $300-$600 range and have heard good things about the Juki HZL-G110 as well as the Janome 7330 Magnolia. Does anyone have experience with either of them? Would you suggest one over the other?

What about the Juki HZL-G210 Excite? Does anyone know the difference between the 210 and the 110?

There's a couple of owner reviews over at sewingpatternreview.com, you have to register (free) I believe to access them.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:11 AM

I am not familiar with the lower end juki's. I haven't seen too much on them, but the high end jukis get really good ratings. The janome magnolia is one of the most popular low end models out there so there are a ton of reviews on them and the reviews are pretty consistent. I do think the jukis will sew thicker items better than the janomes since they are an industrial machine company, their motors are really strong.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:49 PM

Thanks for the comments everyone!

I definitely want to see if I can sit behind either machine and play a bit to inform my decisions. The Juki dealer in my area is brand new and doesn't have many models in yet, but I'm hoping to get them to stock the HZL-110. The Janome dealer in my area is tiny and run by a slightly gruff older man. I went and talked to him one day about machines, and he never offered to let me try one before buying, but I guess I didn't ask.

Just to expand the conversation a little, are there any other models in the $300-$600 range that anyone would recommend?
Old 02-03-2015, 10:14 AM

How about the Juki 8077? Some things I've read say it is essentially the 7330 without the flower image on the body. Anyone have experience with that one?
Old 02-06-2015, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by GretaHoney View Post

I have been using JUKI for years in the industry and have owned the 2010 for almost 2 years. JUKIs are incredible machines
The 210 has the auto thread trimmers (*awesome*, imo) and auto needle positioning, and comes w instructional DVD. The 110 doesn't have these features.