Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki machines >

Juki machines

Juki machines

Old 02-07-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by vicki75
Thanks everyone for all the great info. I have decided not to purchase one of the smaller machines. I think I would regret it in the long run. I'm going to save my pennies and be patient!
EXCELLENTE! Good for you!
I know you will be happier ... in the mean time, you can practice free motion quilting or your quilting techniques with your regular sewing machine, if it will do darning, you can do quilting.
Everything you learn at the home machine can be transferred to a quilting machine, easy peasy ... our LQS has a number of good quilters and we can go in and watch them work. Sometimes, they will even highlight a technique they are using. Quilters really do want each and every one of us to succeed:thumbup: <wave>
Old 02-07-2010, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by omak
Originally Posted by vicki75
Thanks everyone for all the great info. I have decided not to purchase one of the smaller machines. I think I would regret it in the long run. I'm going to save my pennies and be patient!
EXCELLENTE! Good for you!
I know you will be happier ... in the mean time, you can practice free motion quilting or your quilting techniques with your regular sewing machine, if it will do darning, you can do quilting.
Everything you learn at the home machine can be transferred to a quilting machine, easy peasy ... our LQS has a number of good quilters and we can go in and watch them work. Sometimes, they will even highlight a technique they are using. Quilters really do want each and every one of us to succeed:thumbup: <wave>
Well, it isn't easy because like most quilters...I'm itching to get a long arm. I just need to have patience (yuck!) and keep researching.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:51 PM

I know you are anxious, Vicki, but take it one day at a time. If you are like most of us, you have a lot of things to do while you are waiting, and that is a blessing. Get yourself an empty art pad and start gathering quilting examples to practice with/on and be inspired by everything around you. The more you know, the better you will be <wave>
Old 04-05-2010, 03:21 PM

i'm a mechanic and Juki is not made by Janome. in fact if you look inside you will notice that the Juki has a lot more metal components probably because Juki also make commercial machines which i think is a big influence on the household machines.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Power Poster

I bought the Juki TL98Q a few weeks ago and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!! It sews fast, and the stitches are even.

I am using it exclusively to piece & quilt on. In fact, I just quilted a queen sized quilt and it was so easy since the hole is much bigger. I highly recommend it.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by GiGi
Juki is made by Janome.
Juki is made by Juki, not Janome. Two different companies.