Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki TL2010, do you have one? >

Juki TL2010, do you have one?

Juki TL2010, do you have one?

Old 06-02-2013, 05:26 AM

Default Juki TL2010, do you have one?

Any tips or comments about the Juki TL2010? Do you use it for piecing, FMQ, etc... Any tricks to keeping the stitches perfect? Please share your experience. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2013, 06:17 AM

I got mine in March and absolutely LOVE it! I bought it sight unseen, without ever trying one, based on the positive reviews and after speaking with my sewing machine repair guy. The parts inside are metal, not plastic and it is very low maintenance. Mine has stitched perfectly right out of the box. I have never touched the tension. I piece, FMQ and use the walking foot to add the bindings. I hear they are not picky about thread brands, but I don't have a lot of variety to test that. I usually use Aurifil or Wonderfil, but also use Coats & Clark, Gutterman and all have been fine.

The only accessory I bought was a generic 1/4 foot with the metal guide on the side because I prefer that style. I did see a gadget in Sears tool section I'd like to get, it was a flexible small mirror, similar to a dentist style mirror on a handle, that I thought would help me see to put the needle in. The needle only goes one way, but the mirror would help. I've been using a small cosmetic mirror for it. I did discover that some of the generic bobbins don't have the hole in them to put the thread thru to start it. I returned them and got some higher quality ones. Bobbins can be expensive, so I don't have many. But I usually sew with basic colors, so I've got 3-4 loaded with white, beige and the rest I haven't filled yet.

Anyway, I love my Juki and highly recommend it!
Old 06-02-2013, 03:45 PM

I bought mine not quite two years ago and I love it. When piecing it is quiet, but sewing with the walking foot is noisier. It sews a nice line. I use the standard foot with an adjustable seam guide. This gives me a longer edge to sew against and for me it works great. I do have a little trouble with the automatic threader, but then I really haven't sat down to figure out how to use it. I've only done one FMQ project, but for a beginner I thought it did a nice job. So much of FMQing is how much experience the user has that I don't feel qualified to speak to that point. I have machine quilted a queen sized quilt and that worked out just fine. I like the fact that it is just a straight stitch machine and has the larger throat area. Just keep it oiled and it works great!