Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
July Fabshophop? >

July Fabshophop?

July Fabshophop?

Old 07-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Power Poster

there are a few where it is difficult to find the bunny but just move on after a few minutes and find the next one, some shops give very good hints some take you on a tour of their shop ending with the bunny. the shops that do not offer any hints...try the sign up for the newsletter page, the about us page, and if the shop seems to 'specialize' in something try that page (like a great sale or their bom's)you can find enough of them from the shops that tell you where he is to qualify for all of the prizes. i have a 'technique' I have been participating in all of these for 10 years (4+ a year) and have never won anything big (yet) but i have won lots of gift certificates and you get free patterns and you get to find great new shops that give you more opportunity to find anything you may be looking for....oh forgot to tell you....if there is no hint and/or the shop is one with HUGE PAGES THAT TAKE FOREVER TO LOAD i will spend 5-10 minutes at a shop...if i haven't found him by then oh well, i move on (i can always go back another time when i'm not feeling so impatient) if it takes forever to load i just skip that one...i am rather impatient at times but i always find at least 140 shops...if you hop everyday in the month you only have to find 5 or 6 a day to find them all...if you skip days you need to do the math ;)
Old 07-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Power Poster

about doing it all in one day...you miss out on lots of prizes doing it that way....there are drawings everyday that you qualify for if you found at least one bunny that day, also saturdays are double drawing days so if you find at least one on saturdays you have double chances to win a prize. if you do it all in one day you only quaify for the final drawing and the drawing for that day
Old 07-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ckcowl
about doing it all in one day...you miss out on lots of prizes doing it that way....there are drawings everyday that you qualify for if you found at least one bunny that day, also saturdays are double drawing days so if you find at least one on saturdays you have double chances to win a prize. if you do it all in one day you only quaify for the final drawing and the drawing for that day
I have never heard of this ... how do you find out about it ?
Old 07-08-2010, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
When I tried to do it every day I would always forget. And end up hustling to find them all on the last day. So I just do it all toward the end of the month.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:47 AM

Sorry, I just read the other posts, I am glad that it is easier for you now.

Make sure you scroll through the whole Home Page and look for a clue. It there is no clue, I skip and go to the next shop. I find them mostly on the page where you sign up for the news letter, any tab that says "New or Newest or Just Arrived" and Kits.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:58 AM

I've found that sometimes there is no clue on the homepage but if I click online shopping or catalog or whatever the clue is there. Some shops put the bunnies in the same place all the time (usually newsletter signup).

I really dislike shops that have miles-long pages and I have to wait for all or most of it to load before I can find the bunny. I have a slow connection and it times out a lot on those ginormous pages.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:44 PM

Love the shophops! Yes, it can be time consuming, but it is possible. I usually search ten sites at a sitting. That way I can also browse through the site to see what they have (besides the bunny). I have bookmarked some when I have found a specific favorite within the site. Too much fun! :-)