Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Just about made it thru the month....

Blog Entries
    I knew better than to sign up to using just stash! However, I am not buying like I was. I have so much and I am determined to finish my projects I have started and the ones I have planned before I really go out and go crazy again. I have only purchased what I needed to finish a baby quilt for my friends new soon to be grandson and a small piece of fabric for the cats on "Nighttime Cats" I am doing for my granddaughter. I do know about a sale that is coming sometime soon ... fabric from a closed fabric store and I will be buying there. I am waiting for the e-mail to let me know the sale is on!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deedum View Post
    If I can make it thru Tuesday, I will have stayed on my fabric budget. This is worse than staying on a food diet. Wondering how everyone is doing? Hoping this will get easier
    I was just looking over my stash and , whew, do I have a lot. I am going to try and NOT buy any fabric for this whole year. Do you think I can make it. I just ordered the new Singer 160th anniversary machine so that is where my fabric money has gone. I may have to fudge on that a little as I am going to make approx twin size quilts for my 5 grandchildren for Christmas next year and I may need to add to fabric I already have but other than that, I am pretty committed to sticking to this resolution.

Fell off the wagon yesterday BIG time. BUT it really wasn't my fault. My DD made me do it. It's all her fault I was so weak.
    Sweet Caroline

I've been doing good on my diet, too, but only by staying out of the local LQS's. I cannot be trusted!

Blog Entries
    Didn't last! I'm sitting here looking at my big bag from JoAnn's. Ooops!
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

I have done pretty good. I bought backing I needed for 2 quilts that were UFO's and I finished 1 table topper from a kit I had. I haven't bought just because I liked it.l
    Lorraine

Blog Entries
    I'm doing ok haven't strayed off the straight and narrow...but why do I see so many more cute fabrics I would like to have than before this fabric diet.
    As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Up North View Post
    Since I have no place to purchase fabric within 50 miles and the weather had been iffy I have no problems!
    I am in the same boat as far as shops (30 miles is the closest except walmart) but oh this danged internet gets me lol.I havn't bought any this year though! yea for me!

Quote Originally Posted by raedar63 View Post
    I am in the same boat as far as shops (30 miles is the closest except walmart) but oh this danged internet gets me lol.I havn't bought any this year though! yea for me!
    Our closest Walmart is 50 miles and since Unemployment ran out I can not use the credit cards so I will not be buying I guess!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBRIDGE MOM View Post
    I'm doing ok haven't strayed off the straight and narrow...but why do I see so many more cute fabrics I would like to have than before this fabric diet.

I also just found out that I'm going to be Grandma for the 2nd time in 13 years...so this really is a trial!
    As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast